Google Translator

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June Blossoms

Here we are in the middle of June and it already feels like Summer, with hot humid days and mosquitoes.  They haven't been really bad, but one landed on me yesterday and I got him, before he got me!


  
My Irises bloomed this week, I love the yellow ones best.


Whenever Baxter, the neighbor dog, sees me outside he comes over for a back scratch.  It's the people that belong to him that give me so many wonderful vintage treasures.

I separated three of my Hostas and transplanted these here.  I enjoy how they look.  We tried for two years in a row to grow tomatoes here and this area just doesn't get enough sun.


Can you believe the huge ferns that we can grow?  I love them!


This is a view of our back lane, I enjoy it, (except for the garbage cans), because when I walk through there I feel like I am in the woods away from the concrete jungle.  There are lots of gorgeous lilac bushes through there, too.



The Peonies will be blossoming very soon!  I look forward to them every year.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see how my gardens is growing.  How is yours growing, have you been getting too much rain or not enough?  I would love to know.

Have a lovely day,



15 comments:

Jenifer said...

Great pics!

Julie Harward said...

You have such a pretty yard..love the flowers and the ferns. It isn't humid here at all but dry. Flowers here are just beginning to show themselves! :D

Pondside said...

Our irises are just beginning to bloom - what a lovely time of year it is!
I like the idea of a back lane and wish that the town planners of the last half century had included them in all neighbourhoods.

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, your gardens look so lush and green. The ferns are really huge! I love the old bicycle in the trees and wish I'd kept mine for such a purpose. The back lane seems to be a western thing. We don't have many down east that I know of. They are rather quaint though, garbage cans and all. We had a lovely sunny day here after a few very cool cloudy ones. My annuals are blooming and filling out the pots and the perennials are growing well too. Have a great rest of the week! Hugs, Pamela

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Our Irises are just finishing up, along with the peonies. Your yard is gorgeous and Baxter is too cute!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice shots Cindy. Your yard is lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Cindy,
I just read your sweet comment on my blog. I love your flowers. My Iris are among my favorites because they are starts from my dear mother. She had them all over our back yard growing up. We have had a really wet Spring. Still only in the 70's most days. Unusual, for June. Got my first peony bloom today. We have been to Canada twice, loved it!

Danielle said...

Your garden looks beautiful and I too love your view form the back how fun that must be to walk through

Ana said...

Your garden is just perfect. Love all the green and beautiful Irises...I hope you share pictures of your peonies once they are in full bloom...You know how much I love peonies :-) Have a wonderful day my dear friend and enjoy your beautiful garden.

Love ya tons,
♥Ana

Betty said...

Lovely garden and beautiful blooms Cindy. I would love to see your peonies in bloom too. Not sure if they grow here. They look gorgeous in pictures I've seen. Lots of lovely foliage along your back lane.

managed exchange hosting said...

Beautiful gardens!

Jane Fortaleza said...

lovely garden sis! My purple irish are blooming as well! Can't wait for my daisies and roses to bloom.

Have a great day!

Sue said...

Cindy, Your transplanted hostas are looking so nice and full already. And your ferns are ginormous. I hope the ones I planted last month start growing. This is the first year for me to play gardener. I have always had a brown thumb and my talents lie more INSIDE the house! lol
Glad you came by for a visit. I'm off to check out more of your blog. :-) Sue

hypnotism techniques said...

Beautiful flowes and a lovely garden!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Cindy-

All your flowers look so pretty and healthy. I have too much sun where I live and everything just fries. I do have two peonies in my back yard, but they have already bloomed. I wish they bloomed for a longer period. Enjoy yours.
My best- Diane