Google Translator

Monday, June 20, 2011

Mod Mix Monday Again!

Happy Monday to all..today is Mod Mix Monday, again.  I am loving this party that Nita has come up with.  It suits me so well, I think.
Today I have a lamp to show you.  The lamp that I had here originally, well, let's say it is in the repair shop.  While moving furniture around last week I forgot to unplug the lamp and it fell on the floor and one of its feet got broken, so it was sitting crookedly.  I happened to be in Value Village the next day and I saw a lamp that was maroon trimmed in gaudy gold.  I immediately imagined it in a lovely turquoise and I knew it was the lamp for me.  I paid $4.99 for it!
Here it is today, sorry, but I forgot to get a before photo.  It had a really cool shade, but it didn't go with the turquoise at all.  I will revamp it and use it elsewhere.



Here it is from farther away.  I found the silver tray that it's sitting on at a garage sale for $5.00 last weekend.  






I am going to have to either make white slipcovers for those wing-back arm chairs or else find white slipcovers for sale somewhere.  But because they have square cushions on them, not the t-cushion, I have had no luck doing that.  So I can see a very big project in my future.  Yikes!  I'm not sure if I'm up to it.

I am working on making aprons to sell at our Family Camp.  Here is how it started out.  I used an apron that my grand-kids gave me as the pattern.  I found a really good tutorial at StoneGable and was able to make two that way.
Don't you love the bright polka-dots?  I used a red with white polka-dots for the second one.  It is nearly finished, I will show you what they look like when I am finished!

Be sure to check out Mod Mix Monday!  And say hello to Nita.



Have a wonderful day my friends, and thanks so much for stopping by and also for leaving a comment!  I love comments!!!

Hugs,

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I can't wait to see the aprons! Karen~Pink Parsonage

Karen said...

I love your lamp Cindy, turquoise is one of my favorite colors. The pink and white polka dot fabric is so cute, it will make a cute apron.

Brittany said...

Cute lamp! And you're absolutely right, turquoise was definitely the color for it! Yes - I LOVE polka dots, looks like you'll have some really cute aprons - don't forget to show us the finished product =)

Ana said...

I love it Cindy! Great color for it. It looks perfect in your living room...Lovin' this new Mod Mix you have going on. Wishing you a wonderful new week my friend.

Much love,
♥Ana

A Rosy Note said...

Love that polka dot fabric. That will look soooo cute for an apron :)

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh Cindy, that lamep is so cute! You sure got a good buy at VV and with a little paint a new look. I think you have the talent to make the slipcovers for your chairs as you are a good seamstress. Can't wait to see the aprons! Blessings, Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,
Very sweet lamp; I love the tray,too! What a deal!

Enjoy your week!

Hugs,
Nancy
Nancy's Tidbits

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Cindy~ I like that dainty little lamp. So cute.

take care, Pat

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, I love your turquoise touches and details in your home, this platter is a bargain at 5.00! I'm crazy! to get one but here we do not have flea markets that I offer, as an island that measures 100 by 35 no territorial expansion and this would be the reason for that other things do not retain or reuse. I tell my mate place you love so much are Marshal's buy them this year, if you see them shopping and let me know, if I see before you buy them and then we agree to shipping. greetings, Rose Marie

Pondside said...

The turquoise is perfect! What a wonderful jolt of colour!

oldblackcatboo said...

Oh! I do love your lamp!
And what I REALLY love is that you have turquoise BUTTONS in your decanter next to it!
:D - Cindi

Poppy said...

I love the color and shape of your lamp and it makes such a beautiful focal point and for $4.99 its a steal and so is that silver tray... I love silver trays especially the footed ones. And yours look just perfect for your lovely vignette. Looking forward to your finished polka-dot apron... it looks so cute already with those white on pink polkas. Thanks for liking my summer paint projects and for following me~ your new follower,Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Wow this lamp painted blue! I'm so jealous that you found that silver tray for $5! A person can never have too many silver trays. Thanks for linking up at Mod Mix Monday!