Google Translator

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Sweet Quilt

One of my friends who is a wonderful seamstress gave me a very sweet quilt for looking after her little girl.
  Her little one is a darling two-year old and we have so much fun.  I did not expect anything, but she wanted to show her appreciation by giving me this quilt and pillow sham that she made.  For now it is on my porch, but it will come in for the Winter time and be used in my guest room probably.





Shasta Daisies from my garden.


I love that it feels like I am in a cabin in the woods when I am out here.  And this Fall it will be a cozy little place to be thanks to my sweet quilts!



Above, you can see the grain sack that I won in a give away!




The quilt in the photo above is the one that my sweet sis-in-law made for me.
I can see I still need to paint the wood frame on the wall.




I created a chandelier out of this candle holder and white lights, it needs some tweaking still, I see.

One more very important thing, another yummy dessert!  I know you all love chocolate, and who doesn't love a brownie.  There's nothing worse though than a dry brownie,  so how about a very moist brownie that you can put ice cream and whipping cream on top of and know that it is all equally delicious.


Saucepan Brownies:
1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup dry cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Melt the shortening and butter in an 8  x 8  cake pan.  
Add cocoa, stir until well blended.
Allow it to cool.
Then beat in vanilla and sugar.  
Add eggs one at a time, beating with a spoon after each addition.
Add flour and salt to batter.
Mix, add nuts.
Spread evenly in the pan.
Bake for 25 minutes in a 325 deg. oven.
Enjoy!!!

I am joining Nita for another Mod Mix Monday!

I don't often do this, but I want to tell you about a wonderful giveaway over at Modern Country Style.  Sarah is giving away some Emma Bridgewater Mugs!  I want them, they would be perfect in my kitchen!  Go check them out, they are so sweet!!!









I hope your Monday is sunny and bright!  We are still enjoyiing perfect summer weather!  God is so good!


~Wishing You Love In Your Heart...Peace In Your Soul...And Joy In Your Life Always~

27 comments:

Linda Makiej said...

Beautiful photos here!

Millie said...

Your porch is looking very cozy! I really like the plates in the wooden frames.

Pondside said...

I love your porch - it's like having a cottage in the city!

podso said...

Your porch is so cozy and the quilt adds much warmth to it. Lovely! And I really like the chandelier--you should show us more detail of how you made it!

Gail said...

I love your porch Cindy! I bet you do enjoy it in the fall. Such a cozy little place to gather.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Danielle said...

I love your porch and your chandelier. absolutely beautiful!

Rhonda said...

what a cozy comfy porch you have! I am sure your friends little 2 year old had so much fun with you.

Dry brownies are just awful :) but with ice cream, yum!
hope your week is getting off to a wonderful start. We are baking in OK but I am just going to stay inside, and be thankful for AC.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, I want to sit on your porch and enjoy one of those brownies!! Your porch is wonderful, Cindy. I had to smile when I saw your couch; I have a rattan one with the same style bedspread on it with pillows, too. YOURS looks much better decorated than mine, but kindred spirits never-the-less. Have a great week. blessings ~ tanna

traci said...

i love your porch cindy. wish i could join you for a few hours on it.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love your porch, Cindy!! Just simply love it!

Kathy said...

Hello Cindy,
It is wonderful to have a room as a retreat! Your porch is so inviting. LOve your new quilt treasure! A very sweet gift from your friend,
Kathy

Cozy Little House said...

Love your cozy spot, and most especially the quilts! The recipe sounds delightful as well.
Brenda

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your porch looks so cozy and comfortable, Cindy. I'd want to lie down on the couch and take a nap as it looks so comfortable. The quilt and pillow that your friend gave you is very pretty! Thanks for the brownie recipe --I haven't made them in a long time.

Pamela said...

I love this room Cindy it reminds me of a Country Home spread. I loved that magazine.
Everything in here is so well put together. Who doesn't love quilts? They scream homey!
Thanks for this awesome recipe too. My son loves brownies!!!
Hope you are having a great summer!
Pamela xo

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Okay Cindy just this whole room is adorable. What a perfectly cozy space. I love it and wish I had one.

Pamela Gordon said...

Another pretty quilt! How lovely to have another one for your sunporch. It is such a cozy spot! I love the chandelier! Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing the brownie recipe - it looks quite tasty. Have a blessed week Cindy. Pamela

Little Penpen said...

I love your sweet porch... I could spend all day there! I want a vintage "feel" like that. Great new quilt... what a great thank you gift!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Your 'chandelier' is genius! As always your porch looks so cozy and inviting!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
Your quilt collection is growing..and how special they are too, since they were made by the ones that mean the most..very dear and sweet to you.
I adore your porch it looks wonderful as is..
Have a very sweet week my friend,
Hugs, Elizabeth

wendy said...

It all looks very cosy. I like the white birds :)

Betty said...

What delights you have for us today! Your cosy porch and a delicious looking sweet treat.
I love patchwork quilts....they look so comfy and the idea of hanging plates in frames is lovely.
Your blog is a bright spot in my life, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love your quilt of course-- and that porch--it gets me every time! Soooo sweet and inviting! Karen~from Pink Parsonage

Jenny said...

Your porch looks so comfy and warm!!
Big hugs
jen xo

Ana said...

Oh Cindy, how very sweet of your friend. They look perfect in your lovely porch. Ooooh, and that brownie looks soooooo delicious. I've tried making brownies once or twice but they are always so dry...Thanks for the recipe :-) Wishing you a beautiful summer day my dear friend.

Hugs and Besitos,
♥Ana

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! What a nice lady giving you the pretty quilt! I love the look of your porch and it does look like a room in a cabin.
Yummy, I love brownies and these sound and look so good.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

A Cultivated Nest said...

How sweet of her to give you that cute quilt! It looks lovely where you've put it. Cool light fixture that you made!

Manuela

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Very cute quilts and I love that tole tray and the little chandi with lights and the desert looks divine! Thanks for linking up at Mod Mix Monday!