Google Translator

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

~I Do the Blog Hop~

Or "What I am Loving This Week".
I made the most delicious Pink Lemonade Pie, I am not counting calories today, so I have no idea how many are in this.  Let's just say LOTS!  But it is so delicious.  I found this little recipe on Creative Homemaking.  I subscribe to their newsletter.
Oh and I stay away from food coloring, so mine is white not pink, unfortunately.



So here's the recipe:
Pink Lemonade Pie
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
Mix the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a nine inch pie pan or spring form pan. Mix until the crumbs have absorbed the butter and the mixture is uniform. Press the crumbs across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
Bake for eight to ten minutes at 350 degrees. (If it’s a hot July day, you can choose not to bake the crust. A baked crust holds together better because the heat melts the sugar to help hold the crumbs together.)
For the Filling:
1 8-ounce packet of cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate (not mixed with water)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
red food coloring as desired
Using the whip attachment and your stand-type mixer or with a handheld electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together on medium high speed until the mixture is smooth. (If you place the sweetened condensed milk in the bowl first, the cream cheese will not stick to the bowl and you will have little need to scrape the sides.)
Add the lemonade concentrate and lemon juice and continue beating. Color with red food coloring as desired.
Pour the mixture into the pie shell and place it in the freezer while you mix the topping.
For the Topping:
1/3 cup shredded coconut
red food coloring
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place the coconut in a small bowl with a drop of food coloring and a couple drops of water and stir until the coconut turns pink.
Whip the cream until stiff, adding the sugar and vanilla in the process. Spoon the cream over the pie filling and garnish with the pink coconut.  Freeze the pie until firm.



( I'm keeping it real here gals, you can see that I haven't put my dishes away.  In the lower right hand corner they can be seen still in the sink drain rack.:)
 Anyways, you are probably wondering what this odd little vignette is about, on the left is something called Cold Brewed Coffee.

Here is the recipe for that:


(Click once for better view)

I have made it all made up, I will try a cold glass of coffee over ice with my half and half tomorrow.  Then I can tell you just how good this recipe is.  If you like iced coffee, it's supposed to be way better this way than if you make it up hot and pour it over ice. This recipe came from Smart-Bottom Enterprises.

And on the right is a big ole' watermelon for Watermelon Pie!  My friend Julie from The Harwards made this and posted the recipe, so if you are interested, then do the blog hop and check it out, it looks very delicious!!!

And last, but not least, I posted about Millie from Wreathmaker giving me the sweet little teacup on Monday, what I  forgot to mention was something that I did not see in the little package, when I opened it at her house, until I got home was the most delicately embroidered napkin.  I don't know if it's linen or cotton, but it is so darling, here it is.  She know that I collect napkins and I use them, too.  They are not for looks only.




I know it's hard to see, but it's so pretty!

Whew, I'm tired after all this blog-hopping, I hope you liked something that you saw.  Have a wonderful Wednesday dear friends.


~Wishing You Love In Your Heart...Peace In Your Soul...And Joy In Your Life Always~





Yummy!!!

25 comments:

Rhonda said...

yum! I'll be right over for a slice, ok?

Andrew-n-Hannah said...

Mmmm...I just found this recipe for Iced coffee myself & have it all made up and ready to try tomorrow! YUM!

Here is the link for blog it came from:

http://smartbottomenterprises.blogspot.com/2011/07/cold-brewed-coffee.html

camp and cottage living said...

I am blog hopping too and just found you at playing with my camera's blog.
I have to tell you I love your kitchen. I know I should be commenting on the pie and drink, but I can't quit soaking in the surroundings! Is the kitchen original? It looks like it with the old glassed cabinets and the accents you've chosen. If it's not you've done such a great job of replicating it.
Well, I won't blather on. But I'll definitely drop back by again!

Pondside said...

That pie looks luscious! What calories?!

Buttercup said...

Found my way over from Pat's. The pie recipe sounds great and everything looks so pretty.

La said...

Your pie sounds delicious. I love lemons. I have never heard of making cold coffe this way so I will have to try it since I can never get my iced coffee right. Enjoy your lovely napkin. La

Julie Harward said...

That pie looks so good and I love your tablecloth, I think I have one just like it! Thanks for mentioning my Watermelon pie...it is oh so good! ;D

Linda said...

OH that pie looks delicious, Cindy! Wish I could share it with you! Thanks for your sweet comment on my collection post!

Jedbel @ The Pear Tree Cottage said...

A slice of pie with iced coffee Yum! I think I will try to make it this weekend for my husband. He has a major sweet tooth :). I love that tablecloth by the way...

Gail said...

Cindy that pie looks and sounds delicious! I think I might just have to give it a try. Oh and by the way, I love your kitchen.

Have a wonderful day my friend,
Gail

Happy@Home said...

Mmm ... your pie looks delicious and I'm thinking it would taste particularly good with a cup of iced coffee.
I must admit I love to blog hop too. In fact, just before coming here I discovered a recipe for dinner tonight on another blog. Maybe I need to make this pie for dessert :).

Jenifer said...

That sounds so yummy!!!

Tamera Beardsley said...

I love it all, everything looks wonderful in your charming kitchen, especially the prospect of sitting down for coffee, I can only imagine the delightful aromas that must come from your kitchen!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your pie sounds delicious and cold coffee is perfect for the weather we are having here in the south. Thanks for sharing.

Millie said...

I'll have to try that lemonade pie, as we will be having some folks over for dinner soon. It looks good!
(Glad you like the little napkin)
I don't remember if I commented on your tablecloth before...it looks so cheerful.

poppilinnstudios said...

Never heard of Lemonade pie, but it looks delicious! I've noticed I'm craving more sweets since I've started blogging! :0
-Lynn

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi gorgeous,

I can't believe your 'keeping it real' is your plates neatly stacked in the corner of your photo!!! I think that makes you officially a very cool blogger!

Sarahx

podso said...

This looks wonderful --- and so cool for the summer. BTW I love your tablecloth!

nannykim said...

You will have to let us know about the iced coffee! I , too, like mine strong as the copy of the recipe said.... I use Starbucks. I am wondering if I should try the cold brew....it takes so much more time!! You will have to tell us if there really is any difference!

Pamela Gordon said...

Cindy, you sure are a busy gal doing the blog hop and getting all those wonderful recipes! The lemonade pie sounds very yummy! Take care my friend ~ slow down and smell the iced coffee. :-) Blessings, Pamela

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh yum...that sounds so refreshing for a hot day!

Jan

Teena in Toronto said...

That pie looks delish! Is there a slice in the mail to me?!

Sharon (Roses and Rust) said...

I am definitely going to give it a try. It looks easy enough even for me! Have a lovely weekend. x Sharon

Stacey said...

Mmm, that sounds good on a hot summer day. The little peeks of your kitchen are always pretty too.

Anonymous said...

YUMMM!!
I will defintely be trying that Iced Coffee!! Sounds like a perfect way to start these hottt summer mornings lol! Sometimes it's already at "feels like 30 degrees" at 8am. Who wants to be sipping on a hot coffee in that muggy mess! :D Can't wait to try this out
xox
Krissy