Google Translator

Monday, July 18, 2011

~Just Playin'~

Happy Monday to all!
What a gorgeous weekend we had, I hope yours was equally as lovely.  We had temperatures in the upper 90's F again or upper 30's C!!!  And it's a beautiful sunny morning with temps of 76 F already at 9:30 a.m.!  I am loving this summer!!!

Today I am just playing around because I wanted a lighter feeling on my eating area buffet.  I know I photograph my buffet and kitchen a lot, but this is a cottage blog, not one of the fancy-shmancy decorating blogs.  If you're tired of seeing it, tell me and I will try to come up with something different. 
Today I also want to recommend a very smart lady and her gorgeous blog.  I found it just yesterday, although I have been to her blog before I was really struck with it's beauty yesterday.  It's called The Pear Tree Cottage.
 Check it out!

Okay, on with what I have today.
I normally have my silver on this sideboard because I love the looks of the dark silver and the white contrasting with it.  But I have my milk glass up there for now, a much lighter look for the summer time and I've added a bit of turquoise and red with it, too.  





Sometimes I like a formal feel to this area, but right now I am wanting a more playful feeling.  See the little red maple leaf plaque?  I made that about twelve years ago, maybe more, it feels good in here.  The hearts nestled up to the vintage turquoise container are two that my oldest daughter made me about twenty years ago.  I am missing my youngest grands and their parents, so I have the digital photo frame in here again where I can enjoy their photos.  The daisies and lilies are from my garden.




I rediscovered this very old bread canister in storage yesterday, it was my mom and dad's.  I am guessing that it is probably from the 50's.



Can you see the red and turquoise that I have added in?  I am loving it!

Have a beautiful day my friends and check out Nita's gorgeous blog where she is hosting my favorite Monday party Mod Mix Monday!

I know my home is a mix of modern and vintage, so I like to join in and see what others are doing as well.  This is what my kitchen looks like with it's new summery look, I hope you enjoyed yourself!

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART...PEACE IN YOUR SOUL..AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS...

27 comments:

Pondside said...

Very summery and cheery. A change is always a pick-me-up!

traci said...

i love your buffet. you can take pix of it as much as you want. looks beautiful. you have lots of great treasures tucked in there.

Shelia said...

hi Cindy! You play very well! I love your changes and your gorgeous kitchen is what caught my eye the first time I discovered your beautiful blog!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tamera Beardsley said...

I love how you were able to achieve such a different feeling in your kitchen by simply changing your accessories! Wwll done my dear!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the new look on your serving area. Your flowers in the white milk glass vase are very pretty. And I love the red breadbox and touches of red and aqua you're adding. It's fun to change things up isn't it? Have a blessed week and enjoy the heat wave! It's quite hot here too and I love it. Pamela

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I absolutely love your kitchen so don't stop showing it. It is one of my favorites in all of blogland. You change things a lot so that keeps the spice in it. Glad you are enjoying summer. I guess with the snow you get, you enjoy some warm weather. We are hot this week so I am staying indoors during the day.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy I never get tired of seeing your beautiful kitchen!!Your changes look wonderful!! Have a great week, Martina

Marie said...

What a pretty kitchen - very inviting! I love the sign that says open everyday till 6. So cute!
Happy Monday!
-Marie

poppilinnstudios said...

You have a beautiful kitchen. I like seeing the changes you make. I love re-arranging my decor. Keeps things new and fun.Keep doing your photos- It's like visiting a friend's kitchen and seeing the changes she's made.
-Lynn

Teena in Toronto said...

It's really hot and humid here ... we are breaking records.

Lavender Cottage said...

Your kitchen is beautiful and I like the pop of colour from the red and turquoise too.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi Cindy~
I love seeing your buffet and your gorgeous *Cottage Kitchen.

Beutiful-- we have some of the same colors strewn about our kitchens (yellow and red)
I like the touches of turquoise you've added into the mix.

I've recently found The Pear Cottage-- and like looking at her pictures and reading her posts too!
Fresh ideas are good.

Enjoy your summer and try to stay cool as the heat spreads out and heads your way.
Pat

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I enjoyed looking over your pretty cottage kitchen. It looks light and fresh for summer.

Linda said...

I love everything about your kitchen, Cindy...and the sign above the window is wonderful!

Caroline said...

Love your kitchen!! Cindy.
Yes the translation is right. I was asked since years but never felt that it is the right time, also my Pastors. But this year we all felt different and I went for it. I never thought that I would directly been elected for it because almost nobody knows me there. But if God wants something, you know what I mean.
You shoud come over to germany ;-) then I can tell you all about and show you.
Have a good week in the power of the Lord

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I never get tired of seeing any part of your house!! Really and truly!! Your home is deliciously welcoming. And I LOVE shots of your kitchen especially!

Sarahx

Leah said...

Oh Cindy...you're kitchen is beautiful! I love the turquoise and red paired together...keep the pictures coming :)

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love your kitchen! Just my taste, I think. Thanks for sharing...a joy to visit for the first time.
Ruth

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
I never tire of seeing your beautiful kitchen, ever! I love it!
What a precious sister n law you in have! and how sweet and thoughtful of her to make the most amazing quilt for you!. The colors are so pretty and it will go anywhere in your home.
Have a sweet week my dear friend..big hugs, Elizabeth

Ana said...

Oh Cindy,
I could never get tired of your kitchen...It's my favorite space in your sweet cottage...I do love the other spaces you've share with us too, but the kitchen is just a little extra special... It's the heart of a home :-)

Much love,
♥Ana

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Cindy...

Oooh...I really am loving the pretty splashes of red and turquoise in your kitchen, sweet friend! I agree...it's playful and it just feels right!!! I always enjoy seeing your gorgeous kitchen...please keep sharing it with us! I never grow tired of seeing what you are doing!!! Love the vintage bread box that belonged to your parents! Ahhh...red tulips...one of my favorites! I also love your big ol' enamelware bowl that you have sitting on the chair!

Well dear friend, I will definitely go over and take a peek at Pear Tree Cottage! Just the name of the blog...entices...don't you think? Hehe! Take care and enjoy your warm temps, Cindy!

Love ya,
Chari

PS...I sooo enjoyed your visit the other day! Thanks for leaving such a sweet note, dear friend!

Betty said...

You have created a lovely light, bright summer look on your shelves. The milk glass looks great, also the old toaster taking pride of place. The daisies and lilies (I think) set it off beautifully. Love your maple leaf.
I never tire of your lovely kitchen :)
Enjoy summer.
Betty

Jedbel @ The Pear Tree Cottage said...

Cindy,
I love this particular area of your house so much! It is the perfect cottage kitchen in my opinion and all the vintage items make it look warm and inviting. I really like the pops of red and turquoise you added, especially the bread tin and the maple leaf, they look lovely.
It was such a sweet surprise to visit your blog today and find that you had mentioned me. Thank you, you made my day :).

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I never get tired of seeing your kitchen it's sooo pretty! I love, love , love that built in! How I wish I had room for something like that but my kitchen is just too small. Also, love the light fixtures and the ceiling. I'm thinking of doing the same thing in my down stairs family room. Enjoyed all the photos!

Jane said...

Your kitchen is always lovely. Love the colors you added specially turquoise accents.

Have a great day!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I love the red and turquoise added to this part of your kitchen. It's fun to change things up, isn't it. Then when you get all your silver out later..you'll be excited to see it again. I love that built in sideboard of your's. What a great spot for seasonal decorating. Thanks for linking up at Mod Mix Monday!

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy,

That bread box is so cute! I love that little vignette there with the chair.
It is fun to change things up...that area is so adorable. I love the glass front cabinet doors.

Nancy