Google Translator

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A New Lap Quilt

I must have the sweetest sister-in-law around these parts!  She made me a quilt and sent it to me for NO reason, well, maybe just because she loves us.  She is the very talented lady that made my little wreathe that I enjoy so much.
Do you see the little bit of turquoise and red in it?  I thought it needed a bit of color.





Because of the colors in my new lap quilt, I will be able to use it in my porch...





...or in my living room...







 ...or even on my ladder, it looks pretty sweet there, don't you think?




Or how about putting it on the table?  It fits perfectly.  I'm afraid I could never use it there, I would be so afraid of staining it.  
Can you see that the words Live, Laugh, Love are appliqued on it?  Perhaps you can see it better if you click on the photo, all of the photos will enlarge when you do that.

Thanks, Yvette, you are so sweet to make this  and send it to us, I LOVE it!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART...PEACE IN YOUR SOUL..AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS...



PS This is where I am enjoying it for now...every morning!  It is so nice and cool in the morning out on the porch that I can curl up with it and my cup of coffee.

22 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Now that is the kind of SIL that everyone need...what an angel! I love it on the porch the best..what a sweet spot that is! ;D

poppilinnstudios said...

How sweet, you are lucky!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the colours and the applique.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I think the porch is perfect. A close second is the ladder...which I just love. Have a great weekend yourself!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

How wonderful! An unexpected surprise!
I think it is so great you are able to curl up under it on your porch with coffee this time of year... spectacularly wonderful! Pat

Pondside said...

What a sweetie. I'll bet that quilt will be a summer favorite.

Pamela Gordon said...

You have a sweet sis-in-law! She made you a beautiful lap quilt and it looks great in all the places you showed it but I think it works on the porch for the summer. Perfect, as you say, for your early morning coffee in the coolness. Have a great weekend! Blessings and hugs, Pamela

Little Penpen said...

What a SWEET sis in law! Can you share her with me? I love the little quilt!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty! What a really nice SIL to take the time to make you something so pretty just because. It looks great in all the places you've showed it. I especially like it on the ladder!

Rhonda said...

Cindy, that is such a nice quilt and an even nicer SIL. I really enjoy small quilts, perfect for napping or being cozy while reading.

Hope you find some time to enjoy that quilt.

thank you for the compliments on my GD's pictures. I have to agree with you, she is just about as cute and sweet as a baby can be. I love her to pieces, can you tell?

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I love the quilt and your porch always enchants me! Karen~ from Pink Parsonage

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh it is so beautiful and I love the colors!! It would look great anywhere you decide to put it!!

Teena in Toronto said...

I adore quilts!

Linda said...

What a sweet gift...I love to curl up with a special quilt! Hope you are feeling better!

nannykim said...

Love it in the porch area. What an amazing gift!! There is something so homey and comforting about a quilt and mixing that with a cup of coffee on a cool morning sounds wonderful!

Brittany said...

That's a beautiful quilt! It looks good anywhere :) What a thoughtful SIL you have!

Betty said...

There's something special about a patchworked gift. So sweet of your sister.
It looks lovely on your porch couch, but will be handy in your main sitting room during winter. I love the look of it on your kitchen table (for decoration only though :))

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, what a wonderful SIL you have. The little quilt is just beautiful and the colors so soft! She does pretty work. Love your little wreath in the window and so enjoy viewing your beautiful home.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Gail said...

What a sweet gift from your sister-in-law Cindy and it looks beautiful on your porch.

Enjoy your day,
Gail

Olga said...

That quilt is very beautiful. What a lovely present.

Jedbel @ The Pear Tree Cottage said...

Cindy,
I have been reading through your blog tonight and have fallen in love with your home. It is so charming! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I am really looking forward to following your blog. :)

Ana said...

What a sweet gift...It's beautiful. And it looks perfect anywhere you put it.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana