Google Translator

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

~Outdoor Fun~

Hello my friends!
I hope your summer is going well, the weather here is so gorgeous!  Everyday is prettier than the day before!




My husband and I spent the last day of June on the shores of Lake Winnipeg.  Lake Winnipeg is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world, it's the third largest in North America.  My hubby finally had a day off so we spent it here.  It was overcast most of the day, until evening and the temps were in the  upper 90's F and upper 30's C.  The breeze kept us very comfortable, though.






There is a beautiful park there that we ate supper in and enjoyed the water vistas until the breeze died down and the mosquitoes moved in.  

From there we went to Gimli, which is just a few miles north of Winnipeg Beach.







Gimli is a small picturesque town built right on the shore.




My husband took the photo of the robin.  There were lots of birds around.




 Have you ever seen a condo built for birds?  I took this photo at 10:30 at night, see how bright it is?  I did not lighten the photo, it was still that light out.


 

We sat on top of this small hill and watched the fireworks. 

They put on quite the display for a small town.  It started at 11:00, when it finally got dark.

I hope you enjoyed my photos, have a lovely day!

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART...PEACE IN YOUR SOUL..AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS...



17 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

How beautiful and lush and green it is. Are hills here get brown in the summer. That bird tower was fascinating. Had never seen anything like that before. Enjoy!!

Jenny said...

We are in winter here, so your photos are very warming!! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
Hugs
jen xo

Julie Harward said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day! Love the bird condo too. The breakfast below here looks great too, love the simple foods. :D

Pamela Gordon said...

HI Cindy, your photos are very nice. Lake Winnipeg looks like an ocean, it's so big. It looks like you had a wonderful day there. Nothing like a picnic on the water! Blessings, Pamela

Jenifer said...

Great pics Cindy! I especially love all the sail boats. :)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Stunning photos. Oh to live by the water...

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

We studied Lake Winnipeg at school I seem to remember!!! But we never saw photos as beautiful as yours!!! Those boats are lovely!!

Sarahxx

podso said...

You know as I was viewing the pictures and reading I was thinking, they are doing all of this after dinner and then remembered how far north you are! It looks like a relaxing day and I enjoyed your photos!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Cindy,
love the photos of the water scenes.
Are those martin houses for the birds?

Can't believe it was so light at 10:30...

blessings! Pat

Pondside said...

I've never been to Gimli, but I knew people who moved there. Thanks for the tour!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, what a lovely time you and your hubby must have had at this lovely place! Gorgeous snaps and looks like your hubby has a knack for photography too! :)
Lovely times!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Kathy said...

Hello Cindy! This is a beautiful lake! Just love the serene photos! The boats, the birds...everything! So glad you had a wonderful day out with your husband!
Hope you're having a blessed day today,
Kathy

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks like a nice place to spend some time :)

Ana said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy. Sounds like you and your hubby had a wonderful time. Sending you a great big hug.

Much love,
♥Ana

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks like a beautiful place to vacation! I love the sailboat photos!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These photos are beautiful Cindy. I love the boats!

Tamera Beardsley said...

I definitely enjoyed your photos my dear, thanks so for sharing!