Google Translator

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Vintage Breakfast


 Hello to all of my friends, I hope you are all having a wonderful Summer.  I was at our Family Camp for a week, I was able to take my two oldest grandchildren with me and we had such a wonderful time.  They were very well behaved so we were able to enjoy ourselves tremendously.  The services were wonderful and the Evangelist, Rev. Scoggins from Texas preached his heart out.   


I am joining Mod-Mix Monday again, check out Nita's blog, it is one of my favorites.

I have had this toaster for nearly a year now and I hadn't tried using it to see if it works.  And does it ever work!  I put frozen bread in it and it was toasted in a few seconds.  It doesn't have a timer so you have to keep an eye on it.


 (If you look closely you can see my newest Vintage table cloth over on my table.  It is the vintage turquoise and red that I have added to my living room decor.  This ties the two rooms together beautifully.)


I had some yummy strawberries along with the toast, cheese and milk.


So there is my vintage breakfast!  My milk glass goblet filled with milk, a silver coffee pot full of piping hot coffee and cheese under the dome.  I will enjoy my beautifully toasted whole wheat bread and strawberries fresh from the Super Store with it.

Have a beautiful Monday my friends and I will talk to you later.  Be sure to leave me a comment and I will visit you back!


WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART...PEACE IN YOUR SOUL..AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS...




 

24 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, I love the looks of your vintage breakfast! :) That's a very good looking toaster too and great that it works so well!
I love the looks of those strawberries too. My favorite! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy, welcome home. I missed seeing you here last week. I do remember those old toasters. One did have to watch carefully so the bread didn't 'get too much fire'. ;-0 Your vintage breakfast looks lovely and I love the new tablecloth. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Pamela

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I love that vintage toaster. How fun to go to camp for the week.

Leah said...

I love your milk glass goblets! Such adorable pieces throughout your kitchen.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

oh my Momma used to have one of those vintage toasters!
and like yours it worked.
Don't know whatever happened to that thing.

Love table...Pat

Pondside said...

Those are the very best toasters - after the ones that are bits of metal that you rig up over the burner of the stove. Somehow the toast just tastes 'toaster'!

podso said...

Nice you could have that special camp week with your grandchildren. The toaster fits right in your house and breakfast looks wonderful in all the sunshine of your kitchen.

Vintage Gal said...

Cindy ~ that breakfast is perfect and the toaster is just wonderful. Wish I could join you ~ I can smell the coffee ;-)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Love this post. Everything in your kitchen just says "come in." So welcoming, sunny and happy. Hope you have a great week!

Jenifer said...

Wonderful pictures! The strawberries look so yummy!

Tamera Beardsley said...

How lucky for anyone to have such a sumptuous breakfast in your very warm and inviting kitchen my dear!

Nancy said...

Hi Cindy,

Your breakfast is looking quite good. I like the milk glass goblet. That 'new to you' vintage tablecloth on the table in the background is so cute too! Those floral tablecloths are so cheerful. Just love 'em.

Have a great evening,

Nancy

Greet said...

Hi Cindy,
Your vintage breakfast looks delicious!And I do know that it must be just wonderful having breakfast in your charming kitchen!
Cindy, you were not to late for the give away of the copy of the magazine!I will post the winners tomorrow!Thank you for your comment my friend!
xx
Greet

Sue said...

I am coming over for a vintage breakfast! Looks SO good! I love the milk goblet it is so pretty - cannot remember what it is called. The toaster is darling!
xoxo Sue

Anonymous said...

Lovely little breakfast. Makes me miss visiting you. Maybe someday.
Love,
Judy

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Lovely breakfast! I could smell the toast and coffee. That is a cute toaster too :) Have a good day! luv ya.

Linda said...

You are making me hungry, Cindy! Looks delicious!!

Anonymous said...

So so cute!! Such a quaint little breakfast, just your style! Thank you for sharing your morning with us =) ...mine don't look so pretty but I feel a little inspired after seeing this! lol
<3 Love you!!
Krissy
xoxo

Betty said...

That's a great looking toaster and works well too!
Your breakfast looks delicious.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What cute little toaster and it works too! Those strawberries look so ripe and tasty. Love the look of your breakfast set up!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! Talk about an old school toaster :)

Ana said...

Oh Cindy,
What a totaly vintagey breakfast...Love it!...Awesome little toaster and how great that it works. I have those same hobnail goblets, but mine are in pink and I also have the same little dish like the one holding your strawberries...You have great taste my friend...Hee, hee, hee. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh goodness, it took me back 50 years when I was a little girl! I love the toaster, I remember my father cleaning it all the time! Your vintage breakfast is lovely, I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugs,
FABBY