Google Translator

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Do You Ever Wonder...

When you have questions, where do you go?
I have learned that I can find my answers on the internet about 90% of the time.  So when I wonder about something, that's where I go.

There are a few houses in my neighborhood for sale and I was wondering what they looked like inside and what the seller was asking for them.

Here's one of them.
It's a four bedroom, about three blocks from me and 
the asking price is $220,000.  I think there's a good chance that they'll get much more than that for it. 
It has a newer furnace and central air, a real plus considering our Winter and Summer weather.



I'm afraid the yard needs a lot of tlc, and it doesn't have a garage.





I have a window like this in my dining room, is this what is called a China Cabinet window, seems like I read that somewhere.




Looking from the kitchen into the dining room and living room, I can see this being a very beautiful home.
Now looking from the living room into the dining room and the kitchen beyond.





.


The kitchen is new also, I love the shelves in place of upper cabinets.  I'm not sure what the counter tops are, but I love the shiny surface.




Newly redone bathroom.




Isn't this bedroom sweet?

Then here is one that I found not too far from here, but in a less desirable neighborhood.
They are asking $159,900 for it, and it is very pretty.  It does still have the old boiler hot water heat in it, though.




The interior is much like the last one.  I love the porch, though!  The three most important things to remember about real estate of course, is location, location, and location.




This last one, is one that is about five blocks from where I live.  It's a two-story Craftsman home.  The asking price is $269,900.


 It has all new windows.
 Bright walls...




It has a fairly new kitchen, I love the white cupboards.


... Master Bedroom...
 Basement bathroom, is that bright enough?

It has a finished basement.
The upstairs bedrooms are nicely finished.  I have always wanted an upstairs bedroom.
But, I don't think this one has central air, this is not a good time to be trying to sell this house, I don't think.



Well, I hope you have enjoyed seeing a couple of houses in my neighborhood.


What do you wonder about and go looking for on the internet?

I am linking up to Mod Mix Monday again!  This is a very fun one, so be sure to check it out!






Have a beautiful day my friends!


~Wishing You Love In Your Heart...Peace In Your Soul...And  Joy In Your Life Always~ 

26 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Interesting...I too have been looking in an area we want to go to..I have found that most homes look much better on the net than they do in real life! Most of them are short sales or forclosures..t's been a bit of a let down.

Divine Theatre said...

When I am in the garden I can google queries directly on my cellphone. For example, my rose leaves were yellow. I googled "rose leaves yellow" and discovered that they were suffering from an iron deficiency...immediately! Is that cheating?

Pamela Gordon said...

I love looking at houses for sale. These are all so full of character. I don't usually google much unless I really want to know something. Sometimes I do google recipes. Interesting post Cindy.

Rhonda said...

I love that pretty white kitchen and finished basement. The outside of the blue house is charming too.

I am an internet snoop too. There was a strange man at the end of our street, his house just sold and while it was still listed, I looked at it online and it was very nice, don't know why he was so strange though.

Teena in Toronto said...

Cute houses! They would cost at least a half a million here.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...my kind of houses! I loved the arched door way in the first one. That is really an unusual shape. I don't think I've ever seen that shape before. Most in my neighborhood are rounded like mine but some are pointy and some have a taj mahal effect. I've seen some sort of similar to that but nothing exactly like that. I am fascinated by different doorway shapes and ceiling shapes. The first house I almost bought had a barrel ceiling that was incredible. Mine has a pullman ceiling. Just love old houses.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The homes reminded me of ones I often see in Denver, Colorado. The prices were also about the same depending upon neighborhood. My home is older and does not have central air conditioning, much to my discomfort. If I ever move that will be high up on my list of features I am looking for :) I have window ac's now but they aren't as convenient.

PS: The botanical garden ponds have koi fish in them. They eat any mosquitos or larve that go in the water. It's a good arrnagement!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, how I love to 'tour' houses! Sounds like these are some good prices too. Hopefully some nice families buy move into them and make them wonderful!
Yay! Can't wait to see your Rooster!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathy said...

I am always very curious to know how houses look inside - this is interesting and lovely houses,
Kathy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This houses are nice, but I see a lot of potential in the first one, with paint and some work, it sure could look beautiful. Thanks for sharing and visiting me dear Cindy and specially for the lovely comments you left me. The floor is marble with onix square insets. I'm also your newest follower, have a nice week.
FABBY

podso said...

I enjoyed the tour! It's amazing how much we depend on the internet. I can't even remember what we did before to learn about things ... maybe the accessibility of the internet has increased our curiosity!

Little Penpen said...

The blue one is my pick... how pretty! The first house without the top cupboards would not work for me, because I would 'want' the top cupboards. :o) In one of the pic's, I saw a quilt that I love!!! I pinned it to my pinterest board. LOL

Sheila said...

These homes are charming - perhaps the new owners will need some advice on how to decorate. What fun that would be!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

LOVE your blog! So charming! Hugs, Maryjane

Anonymous said...

I love looking at houses for sale! Especially the older ones with all the character! Thanks for sharing your neighborhood! Karen~Pink Parsonage

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

What beautiful homes.
Hmmm...when I'm wondering about things I end up usually watching Youtube videos and how to's...
for things like composting, solar heated water, washing machine repair and recycling information. I have found a wealth of information on YOUtube.

This has been an interesting question.
I also look at real estate, like you; but mostly out of state. Honey doesn't want to live in Texas anymore...(biting my nails)I am TEXAN and can't imagine living anywhere else.
But when I am searching real estate... I call it window shopping, 'cause I'm not serious about moving.

Had fun! Pat

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
We do the same thing...LOL, I google "Realtor.com" in my area and I can see all the homes I was curious about.
We do think alike...
Have you been sewing?.

Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

I go to the internet for all my questions too! It truly is amazing to me! Sweet homes for sale in your area! :D

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I have been known to look at local houses too. The second house is super-pretty on the outside. It looks rather American to me. Do they have lots of houses like that in Canada? Do I need to adjust my stereotype?!!

Sarahx

Betty said...

A very interesting post Cindy. I do use the internet to look up anything from recipes to gardening questions to information about other parts of the world. It's truly amazing!
I really enjoyed looking at those homes for sale.
I love the first one both from outside and inside. Some lovely features. Those prices are very reasonable compared with house prices here, considering that the AUS dollar is pretty much the same as the US dollar. Not sure how that compares with Canadian conversion rates. Will look it up.
A three bedroom home in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne is around $400,000 plus, but the blocks are bigger. As you say, it does depend on where the home is located.
It seems though, that the market is on the slide here now as folk are tightening their belts with the world economic situation being fairly fragile and because of the rise in energy prices in this country.
Thanks for your varied and lovely posts,
Betty

Betty said...

Just looked this up
1 Australian dollar = 1.01363555 Canadian dollars, so pretty much the same value.

Linda said...

That's a fun idea, Cindy! I forget I can take virtual tours like that!

Ana said...

Gotta love the internet...So much info at your finger tips...Not sure if that's a good thing or not though :-) Awesome prices on these homes...well compared to here. I don't think you can find a home for that price around here anymore :-( Property is sooo expensive here in California. Yikes! We were lucky we bought when we did. Hope you are having a wonderful day my dear friend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Josefa Lunares said...

por dios alli las casas son grandisimas jejeej yo vivo en un piso de 70 metros asi que imaginate...que envidia me da me gustaria vivir en tu pais jejjeej.Bss Josefa.

Patti said...

Thanks for the neighbor tour. I love seeing where other people live. It seems your neighborhood has a lot of older homes with "soul". "Soul" is my new word for "charm" it think it gets the point across better. The details in older homes are so nice.
Thanks for visiting me over at Pretty Old Houses.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I often use the internet too. I just looked up how to cook quinoa since it had been a few years, and I forgot to bring home the paper from the store. I often wonder about local homes as well. We have great home tours here in our area. The historic home tour in Albany is one you would love.
Judy