Google Translator

Friday, November 11, 2011

I Will Remember


WHEN A SOLDIER COMES HOME




When a soldier comes home, he finds it hard....


...to listen to his son whine about being bored.


....to keep a straight face when people complain about potholes.


...to be tolerant of people who complain about the hassle of getting ready for work.

...to be understanding when a co-worker complains about a bad night's sleep.


...to be silent when people pray to God for a new car.
...to control his panic when his wife tells him he needs to drive slower.

...to be compassionate when a businessman expresses a fear of flying.


....to keep from laughing when anxious parents say they're afraid to send their kids off to summer camp.

....to keep from ridiculing someone who complains about hot weather.


....to control his frustration when a colleague gripes about his coffee being cold.


...to remain calm when his daughter complains about having to walk the dog.



....to be civil to people who complain about their jobs.

....to just walk away when someone says they only get two weeks of vacation a year.

....to be forgiving when someone says how hard it is to have a new baby in the house.

The only thing harder than being a Soldier...





Is loving one.

I found the above at Gracie Jewellery.  Thank you Gracie for this wonderful way to honor our Military.


I for one will remember and be forever grateful to the men and women who are serving and have served our countries so willingly and sacrificially.

A special Thank You to my nephews Brian and Will.  
Brian has been a Chaplain in the US Military for several years, having served both in Iraq and in Afghanistan.
Will has been in the US Military for almost a year.
He is presently stationed in Italy.
Thank you also to Judy and Don, their parents, who have stood behind and beside their sons as they made their decision to join the Military. 

Thank you to all of you who have sacrificed, we enjoy our freedom today because of you.
I Will Remember!

Warm hugs, Cindy


29 comments:

Pondside said...

Amen - and again, Amem!

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
Thank you for your wonderful and thought provoking tribute.
My Dad servrd in WW2 in the Phillipines.

Jenifer said...

Oh Cindy, this brought me to tears. Wow.

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful post. I think I saw these thought somewhere else this week. There are so many nice images and thoughts on Remembrance/Veterans Day available. The service from Parliament Hill was very moving this morning on CTV. Blessings, Pamela

Lorraine said...

Great post...
Love,
Lorraine

Millie said...

All very true, Cindy!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Cindy! Thank you for sharing.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Wow, so powerful and true! Thanks for sharing.

Elaine said...

Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

Blessings.

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Hi Cindy~!

Thank you for such a wonderful Veterans post. My dad was a vet of the korean war and he loved this country so..

I wanted to thank you for visiting me and your sweet compliments on my painted chairs.. I saw you say your home was dry in winter so, if you are the least concerned - try getting a small bottle of fabric additive- they have it at the Dick Blick site an I know they ship to canada- OR- just check in your area for fabric paint extender.. Thats what folks use when they paint on tshirts and such and it stays very soft. Now- it will say its for acrylic paint but it'll work with latex also.. Try it on a spare pillow or just a piece of scrap cloth and see if the feel suits you before you actually do a chair..
Good luck and dont be scared- it'll look great~!

xoxoxo
Sonny

Rhonda said...

Hi Cindy so glad you found this and shared it. It really helps explain the feelings of service members and those of us that wait for them and love them.

I will show it to Jeff and I won't be surprised when it brings tears to his eyes.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lovely tribute. And believe me, I am proud of my boys, but it is not easy.
Love,
Judy

Julie Harward said...

God bless every one of them! :D

podso said...

Well said, Cindy!

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

This is the best thing I have read about our veterans... God bless and keep them safe and comforted and strengthened... tanna

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Thank, for sharing this, Cindy. I don't have any relatives in the military but I am grateful to people like your family who go and sacrifice to keep us safe. The words of this post certainly put it in proper perspective. We live a blessed life!
Shannon

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

What an amazing post, Cindy! Thank you so much for sharing this!

Thanks so all who have served and continue to serve.

Sheila said...

This really makes you stop and think Cindy. It is so important to remember those who serve their country and their families on this day when we show our respect to the fallen.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love this Cindy. What a beautiful, heartfelt way to honor our troops. I've had relatives in the military. Two of my best childhood memories are when my two oldest brothers returned home. One rounding the corner as I ran as fast as I could to give him a big hug. The other standing at the door in the rain.

Ana said...

What a beautiful and touching post Ms. Cindy. Thank you so much for sharing.

Much love,
♥Ana

Linda said...

Beautiful post and a timely reminder, Cindy!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Wow Cindy...how beautiful this is and, sadly, so very true, isn't it?
I didn't have anything planned for my Sunday thoughts to ponder but now I do! I am going to post YOUR post on my site for tomorrow!

Thank you so much!!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! How touching and this made me cry. God bless all of our service people and this brings us back to reality! They endure so much for our freedom.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, I directed a few people here to see it too. It really makes one think.

I also added your blog to my favourite Canadian blog list. I'm so sorry that it wasn't there already! I have been checking in with each of your posts from my main blog roll, but when I pulled the names of Canadian bloggers to create the additional list I somehow missed yours. Corrected now though. Wishing you a great weekend.

poppilinnstudios said...

A beautiful post Cindy.
-Lynn

Betty said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Cindy. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be the parent of a soldier. I am thankful for the freedom which I enjoy thanks to soldiers like these.

miabellavintage said...

My father in law served, for Canada in WW2.

i sat for a while, pondering, what to say in response to this post.

With reverence, and respect I felt shame.For myself and for the generations who, out of ignorance, self absorbancy , and guilt have a lack of empathy and understanding.

Not only for men and women in uniform , past and present, but all those who suffer, and live and less, privelleged life.

It shows our shallowness. My dear FIL was shot in the head and survived. He passed away, almost 2 years ago now. He, along with those present and past have a special place in my heart. When I imagine, the wet, cold trenches of WW1 that caused gangrene of the feet, it humbles me to think that these men often went of their own volition....it is humlbing to the core. I will be forever grateful. For anyone of these soldiers are changed forever after their tours....

classic • casual • home said...

Oh my gosh, Cindy...who wouldn't cry reading that? Really beautiful. You must be very proud of your nephews.

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

Beautiful, touching, and so well said. Thanks for sharing Mom. Love you!