Google Translator

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Little Things

It's really the beautiful little things that make up a beautiful whole, isn't it.
Today I will show you a few more "little things", one day hopefully I will have a beautiful whole to show.

But first of all "Happy Thanksgiving" to all of my American friends.

While shopping yesterday, I found some fresh White Pine boughs that I purchased to fit into my decor.  I really like them. 




Have you seen this Norman Rockwell print?  It is the cutest thing!



The little boy has discovered that Santa's suit is in the bureau drawer in his house!  Oh no!  Does that mean that Santa is just a dressed up dad or uncle, maybe?
I grew up with the story, but we knew that our dad was our Santa.  We left cookies and milk out, with a little note for Santa every year.  The first thing we did upon rising Christmas morning, was to check and see if Santa had drank the milk and eaten the cookies.  Did you grow up believing in Santa, or was it a fun fairy tale that you enjoyed at Christmas time?



While sewing for the grands, I snuck in some time to sew some pretties for me.  I love Cardinals, they look very festive, so I picked up this pretty fabric at Fabric Land.
I really must get to that poor old table soon and make it beautiful once again.

I hope you enjoyed seeing a few "little things".
Enjoy your turkey dinner or if in Canada or elsewhere, enjoy your day, my friends.

Warm hugs, 
Cindy




MMmmm...I love my Yankee Cinnamon Sparkle candle that I got at Winners for only $12.99.
It smells so good!

18 comments:

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Cindy, I love the way you're decorating for Christmas. It seems that new sewing machine is working just fine. The pillows are gorgeous. My brother and I didn't believe in Santa although we enjoyed all the decorations and the sentiments behind the tradition. We were taught about the birth of Jesus and the gifts came from our parents because of the love they not Santa had for us. It worked for us and my parents didn't have to come back years later and say they had taught us something that wasn't true. Everyone is free to believe in Santa or not but this is how we did it. Also, just want to thank you on this Thanksgiving Day for being such a loyal blogging friend. Gotta get busy, we eat in just three hours.-- Shannon

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes! I love all of your pretty Christmas touches! Your runner is so pretty and I can almost smell your candle!
Thank you for the Birthday wishes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Pamela Gordon said...

I love bringing in pine and fir branches to decorate with. Thankfully I just have to go out into the yard and trim my trees. I love the pillows and table runner you made. Perfect for Christmas and winter. Enjoy the day! Blessings, Pamela

Jenifer said...

Great pictures. My son loves cardinals! I'll have to show him these pics. :)

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

All of your decorations are beautiful! I haven't seen that print of N.Rockwell's but it is a cute one for sure.
We grew up with the tradition of Santa...and the miracle of Christmas which is the Mystery of Christ. The problem was trying to make sense of them both as a child. I made
Christ MORE the emphasis of our Christmas celebration.

Have a wonderful day... Pat

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

It is the little things... all the little wonderful things... that make the whole. Your little things are looking so festive and beautiful, Cindy. And, I love your cardinal material! beautiful. blessings ~ tanna

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Don't you love sewing pillows? They are relatively quick and have such a good pay off. The red is striking. I have been seeing birds on fabric all over this Christmas. Just love the red.

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I love your cardinal fabric. It really brings the outdoor in. I almost bought the smae fabric for a Christmas apron I'm making.
Oh yes, I grew up beleiving in Santa. I was 10 when I woke up and saw my parents placing presents under the tree. Then I smartened up!

Pondside said...

We've had very high winds today, so I know that there will be lots of beautiful cedar and pine on the ground for gathering. I love how you've used that White Pine!

Cindy said...

Cindy your hite Pine boughs lit up with the angel is so pretty! I too love candles with Christmas scents, though I haven't tried cinnamon sparkle yet, sounds wonderful!

Comeca Jones said...

What pretty polka dots.

Sharon said...

Hi Cindy, love the Pine boughs, really beautiful...love Norman Rockwell paintings in general, what a delightful print! I believed in Santa until I saw my parents creeping in one evening to leave the sack at the bottom of my bed - devastated just doesn't do it justice! Happy Thanksgiving American friend.

Sue said...

Good day! Enjoy seeing all of your Christmas 'touches'. Such a fun time of the year! Your sewing projects are sweet. The cardinal is such a bright little bird. Beautiful! Funny how we had to take a little part of the Santa tradition by leaving cookies and milk for dad! I told my kids our 'tradition' but they never took it up. :) Drew felt that it was his mission to tell his friend that Santa was NOT real. HA! such a funny kid!
xoxo Sue

podso said...

Those pillows on your couch are fantastic! It all looks so lovely!

Ginger Zuck said...

Love your pillows and all your holiday decorations! Coming along just beautiful.

Faye Henry said...

Good Morning Cindy.. I am so glad to meet you and that you are Canadian, too is wonderful.... smile..Your blog is lovely and I look forward to exploring it.. I enjoyed all of your little corners especially the one with old books and birds...
Thanks for the visit and I am now following your site..
God Bless...

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful vignettes dear Cindy. I just love the books and birds, the pillows are great, it's looking a lot like Christmas! Thanks for your lovely visit sweetie. FABBY

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Very pretty fabric, Cindy and the pine boughs are perfect for the season. I still need to get some too.