Google Translator

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Needles Hwy., SD, USA

When we were in SD last month, one of the many things that we did was travel Highway 87, aptly named the Needles Highway.  We drove it twice actually, but darkness descended so quickly the first time that we could not take photos.  So, we traveled it again the next day.  I hope you enjoy the photos.





We caught a glimpse of some of the interesting rock formations from a distance.





Finally, we passed through the last tunnel.  There are two such tunnels on this highway, one is 8'4" wide and the other is 9' wide.  
We pulled off the highway and gazed all around us.  It was incredible.  I have never seen rocks like this.




The above photo is the "Needles Eye" that the Highway is named after.  The photo below is of the base of the Needle.
 




What a thrill to see rock formations like this.
On our way out, we passed this beautiful lake, Sylvan Lake.




The beauty in that area is absolutely breath-taking!
I definitely will go back again and see these lovely sights.  I hope you enjoyed seeing them.

Have a wonderful day,

Warm hugs,
Cindy

21 comments:

It's me said...

What a beauty from nature.......love from me....xxx...seize the day...xxx...

beach bungalow said...

So beautiful, Cindy!

S
xo

podso said...

Amazing! How beautiful~ and your photos are super.

Jenifer said...

Such beautiful pictures!!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful place! I love the rock formations. Thanks for sharing these pics with us Cindy. Hugs, Pamela

Janet said...

The pictures are absolutely amazing!
Blessings,
Janet

nannykim said...

These are so beautiful. I think beauty just brings a song to the heart and draws praise to God for it is a small reflection of his beauty. I wonder just how glorious he must be!

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I agree, absolutely breathtaking! My sis has been there, but she nevered shared her photos with me. I would love to visit there myself someday.
Your photos just knock your socks off! Thanks for sharing them-Kimberly

Shabby soul said...

Wow Cindy! The last photo is really absolutely fabulous! What a landscape you have seen!
Hugs my sweet friend
Silvia

Sharon said...

What breathtaking scenery! Thanks for sharing.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Cindy, let me know when you go on vacation next time-- I think I'll tag along!
You guys saw such unbelievable sights. I think I need to take more sightseeing trips. When I see how beautiful our world is I wonder how some people can not believe in God. Have a good weekend!-------Shannon

Betty said...

Such amazing scenery! Thanks so much for sharing with us Cindy.

Elaine said...

Gorgeous! We just traveled to MT and saw some similar sights. Breathtaking they are!!!

Loved your pix and thanks for sharing!

Blessings

Julie Harward said...

WOW...such a place, gorgeous pictures, loved them all! I tried to leave a message on your last post and it wouldn't let me in. Thanks for sharing these! :D

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

These are just amazing!! AMAZING!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us, Cindy. blessings ~ tanna

Kathy said...

Cindy, your photos are amazing! This is a beautiful place. Breathtaking!
Kathy

Gail said...

OMGoodness Cindy, your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I love and enjoy it so much when you share pictures of your travels.

Blessings to you my friend,
Gail

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wow! That is so majestic! Nobody but our Lord could create something that glorious!

poppilinnstudios said...

What a gorgeous place! Another place I'd love to see. Thanks for sharing.
-Lynn

Anonymous said...

Wow! Makes me want to go see it.
Judy

Ana said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy...Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend.

Much love,
♥Ana