Google Translator

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gift Tag Tutorial

Hello my friends.
Today I want to show you an easy way to make gift tags.  This is something that girls would enjoy doing, other than spray painting it is well within the abilities of most children.
They could paint them with craft paint instead of chalkboard spray paint, then use a marker to write on it.


This is the finished product.  A little chalkboard gift tag that can be as large or as small as you like.

Okay let's get started.
You will need:
Chalkboard paint  (I used the chalkboard spray paint.)
Scissors
Light cardboard  (I used the cardboard that comes in pkgs. of nylons.)
1/4 inch wide ribbon
Hole punch
Chalk

First draw a pattern, such as a heart on a piece of your lightweight cardboard.  I drew half of a heart, bent the cardboard in two and...


...cut out a whole heart.



 Next,





Trace around the pattern as many times as you like, I fit three onto this particular piece of lightweight cardboard.



Spray paint the whole piece of cardboard on the opposite side of where you drew the pattern...




After giving the paint plenty of time to dry, get the scissors.

Cut out the pattern...which you will be able to see on the opposite side.



Punch a hole in one side, attach the ribbon and write on it the little chalkboard tag!

I know this is super simple, but sometimes that's what kids need, right?

I found the picture of the gift tags on Pinterest, but I can't find it when I need it, so if this idea was originally yours, thank you for the inspiration.  I love it! 

Have a beautiful day and we'll talk soon!

Warm hugs, 
Cindy


I hope your day is merry and bright!

19 comments:

Robin said...

I love, love, love your tags Cindy. They are so cute.

It's me said...

Wowwww Cindy !!! this is nice !!!....love from me....xxx...

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh Cindy these are cute. I have a huge heart punch that would make this so fast too.

Pamela Gordon said...

Cute idea Cindy! Your little birds on the books are sweet too. Hugs, Pamela

Gracie's Cottage said...

Such a simply sweet idea...love it!

Jan

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy and what a sweet idea! Now I hope you didn't use that spray paint on your pretty tablecloth! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Why didn't I think of that? I just bought chalkboard tags. I could have made them. These are so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

nannykim said...

I love those little birdies at the end. I wrap my presents in white freezer paper and then just draw whatever on them so I don't do tags. I stopped tags when I had a cat , named Boots. He died this past year at the age of 15--but he would try to eat the tags and string!

French-Kissed said...

Oh Cindy these are adorable...such a beautiful and practical idea and gives any gift that special thoughtful touch. Hope you are enjoying the season.

Jermaine

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Very fun idea for gift tags and I LOVE that last photo!! blessings ~ tanna

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is a really nice idea as the tags can be recycled to use again next year. That chalkboard paint is good for so many wonderful projects.
I love your little birds..they are so cheerful looking!

Amanda said...

Hi Mom,

I hope this means I can expect an adorable gift tag with my name on it, some time soon :)

Love you!

P.S. The photos of the house in your previous posts are sure making me long for Christmas with my parents. So beautiful!

Linda said...

This is a really cute project, Cindy! Kids would have a great time making these, too!

A Vintage Green said...

Thanks for following me. I've added your blog to my Favorites Links and I am following you back. Nice chalkboard tags.
-Joy

My Beautiful World said...

Hi Cindy this is a wonderful post thank you so much for sharing it with me. What a beautiful blog you have I've enjoyed lokking around and now following you so I can visit often. If you find a spare minute visit me sometime. Hope you have a lovely day.

Always Wendy

Pondside said...

it's so much fun to do these little crafts with children - they feel so accomplished!

Ana said...

Cute idea...I bet they are so much fun to make. Thanks for the tutorial.

Much love,
♥Ana

Karen said...

Hi Cindy, those tags are too cute. I love chalkboard anything but chalkboard tags are a really great idea,love them. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

Hey that's my name! Haha. Those little gift tags are darling. I love Christmas crafts! I'm going to have to archive these things for when I finally settle down one day, and have the space and time to do crafts and things like this. Love you!