Google Translator

Monday, January 23, 2012

~A Red and White Tea Cozy~

Hello my friends, did you have a busy weekend?  We certainly did, and I'm late with Monday's post.  Well I guess it will just have to be Tuesday's post.

Friday's mail held a delightful surprise for me, it was a sweet little gift from Sue of beach bungalow.  Sue lives in the coastal town of Oakville, Ontario, where, alongside her husband they are restoring an old house.  
Just a week or so ago, she blogged about a darling little tea cozy that she had crocheted.  I commented on how pretty it was and of course, how talented she is.  She wrote back to tell me that she would make one for me if I would like one and she wanted to know what color.  I quickly wrote back and said I would love to have a Red and White one.  Just a few days later, it was in the mail. 




It was accompanied by the sweetest little note.  
Thank you SO much, Sue, I LOVE it!!!

It fits my little two cup tea pot perfectly.  I have been drinking a lot of tea over this last month, with it being so cold, and this is just the thing to ensure that my second cup does not grow cold!

I have said it and so have so many of you, blogging friends are so special, I love every one of you!  I appreciate every one of your kind comments, you have encouraged me to continue with my furniture painting and the re-decorating 
my little bungalow.




Have a wonderful day and be sure to go say "HI" to Sue at beach bungalow and I think you might possibly be able to order one of these from her.  She is hoping to open an etsy store and that might be one of the items available.

Warm hugs,

Cindy



30 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That was so sweet of her and it's so cute! Those cozies would be a great seller if she did have them in her etsy shop!

podso said...

Love it! And it looks great in your kitchen. Just a bright pop of color!

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, it is a sweet gift!
I love mine!

miabellavintage said...

Aren't blog friends the best!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, what a sweet gal and look how sweet it looks in your kitchen! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

Awwww ... I`m so glad you like it!

Thanks for all the fuss, lol!

Sue
xo

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

That was very nice of her to make that for you, Cindy. I crochet but have never made a cozy. I might try one sometime and hope it would be as pretty as yours. Keep that tea and yourself warm!--------- Shannon

Julie Harward said...

That is so cute! What a nice package to receive! It will bring you much joy. :D

Rebecca said...

I like the way you added the red heart to the scene! The cozy is so sweet!

Faye Henry said...

Oh, that is one sweet cozy, Cindy.. I love a cup of tea especially in the evening when all has been said and done.. grin..
I will check out her link..
God bless, dear friend..

Anne said...

So sweet!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a cute tea cozy! It sure adds a pop of colour in your kitchen. I'm going to pop over and visit the Beach Bungalow right now. Have a super day Cindy! Hugs, Pamela

Cindy F. Adkins said...

What a pretty tea cozy! I'm a lifelong tea drinker...love my tea and all things tea related! I found your blog through Poppi Lynn. I'm your newest follower!
Cindy @ Art,Books,Tea

cuori e perline said...

wow!!!! Sweet, so sweet!
Annamaria

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Hi Cindy, you lucky girl, love the tea cozy! take care Sharon

Robin said...

Oh how sweet of Sue, what a nice friend.

Jen Kershner said...

I love it! I don't even drink tea and I want one.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

That is just adorable! Your kindness is always coming back to you!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You're such a sweet and kind lady, so here you have it coming back to you. I love the teapot cover from Sue, it's so cute. Hugs,
FABBY

Maple Lane said...

Hi Cindy, That is the cutest tea cozy; just in time for Valentine's Day, too! Your kitchen is lovely and I know you will enjoy your tea even more remembering the kindness of Sue. I'm off to visit her now. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my cat post!

Ana said...

What a sweet friend. The tea cozy is darling. Hope you are having a beautiful day. Stay warm.

Much love,
♥Ana

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Sometimes the kindness of bloggers just amazes me. What a sweet thing to do...I am not a tea drinker but I think your cozy is adorable. It is totally you. Hope your week is going good...Ann

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Precious little tea cozy!! And, I do see we share a love of the beadboard backsplash! ;) blessings ~ tanna

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

That was so sweet of her to make for you. It seems that tea is becoming so popular these days. I'm sure she would do well with selling them in an Etsy store.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What and adorable tea cozy! It was so nice of Sue to make you one. The red and white color goes so well in your kitchen -- it is so cheery!

Sue said...

Sweet tea cozy! I had one once and used it for many years. Worked wonderfully to keep the tea hot. Nice color for your kitchen and especially for the month coming up! Such giving friends you have made on 'blogspot'!!!
xoxo Sue

Betty said...

I love your new teapot cover. Suits your kitchen very well.
I've had a look at Sue's blog....so much talent!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

How lovely and sweet and kind of Sue to make that for you - and isn't it gorgeous? I love the red and white - definitely a good choice. It looks perfect there in your kitchen!

Sarahx

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

That cozy is so darling! What a sweet addition to your kitchen. And what a lovely blogging friend you have to send you such a lovely present. Love you!

Lily said...

wow!!!! that is sweet!

http://teacozy.org