Google Translator

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Behr Wax Sculpture Wall Paint

Hello my friends, did you have a busy weekend?
I had an incredibly busy weekend.  We attended a Youth Conference, the preacher was Darin Sergeant from San Diego.  A great preacher!  
We got to spend time with our new friends Nate and Shyla, two darling young people that we have quickly learned to love.  He's an RCMP officer.  It's good to know that there are  good Christian officers out there. 

I have finished painting the living room of my 1927 Craftsman Bungalow with Behr's Wax Sculpture Primer and Paint in one and I'm excited to show it to you.  
If you've been following along, you know that my fireplace was refaced at the same time.
I'll give you a tiny look at it today, but I want to tell you all about it in another post.   So stay tuned!



I need to move the pictures on the left to be like the ones on the right.  Still tweaking...
I think the armoire looks beautiful against the new wall color.


I took these at night, so the lighting leaves something to be desired.
This color, which is a nice off-white can look a bit green at certain times of the day and more beige at other times, depending on the light.  And in some of these photos it even looks a bit yellow.



 I covered my chair in a white blanket to get the effect of a white chair.  I am going to either purchase off-white slip-covers for my chairs, or if I can't find ones that fit I will attempt to make them.  I know a lot of talented people have made them, but I am really not wanting to tackle that project. 




 The hallway through that doorway is also painted in the same off-white paint.  
I have added the turquoise with pillows and such, because the kitchen is turquoise and I L.O.V.E. it.  But that is also another post.  I still have red in here because it goes so beautifully with turquoise.
 I am really pleased with the outcome.  One never knows what a paint color is really going to look like in a room until it's applied and then it's too late, but no worries here.  It all turned out well, I think!
I am joining two parties today,

&

I hope you have all had a great weekend and are looking forward to another week.

Hugs,

Cindy


29 comments:

podso said...

Cindy it looks wonderful. I can't wait to see more of your transformed fireplace. I love aqua as well and red with it... It's good you are pleased with the color now that it is on the walls! Looking forward to seeing more!

Pamela Gordon said...

Cindy I think I really like this new colour. I've been trying to figure out what to choose for our house for a spring painting job. Since everything is connected I need something to coordinate with the kitchen. I wonder if you'd post daylight before and after photos of a particular part of the room so we can see the difference? It was yellow before and my walls are yellow too. I look forward to seeing the new look of the fireplace. You've been very busy and have done a beautiful job! Hugs, Pamela

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Looks wonderful, Cindy. Nice soft colour!! Yeah, I think you are rockin' the colour choices!! Great job. blessings ~ tanna

Jane said...

wow, it looks wonderful! good choices of colour sis. I love the turquoise colour too of your kitchen. You did a great job painting! Lord bless!

Pondside said...

It looks lovely, Cindy - you did a great job! I have a yellow in the front hall that looks like the inside of a yellow rose, with a pinkish tinge in the late afternoon light. I love the changeability of it!

Greet Lefèvre said...

It is all beautiful Cindy! And I also love the combination of red and turquoise!
xx
Greet

oldthings said...

Dear Cindy,
You have done very good job !It looks warm and cosy .I like this colour and I wait to see soon the turquoise !!
I hope to rest you now and enjoy your living room with new friends with a hot chocolate or a glass of wine !!!
Have a nice week
Olympia

Gail said...

You have been hard at work Cindy and it shows. It is all beautiful! I love the new wall color. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be able to sit back after you're done and enjoy the labor of love that went into transforming a room. Have a wonderful day, Gail

design elements said...

looks wonderful, Cindy!

paola said...

Hi Cindy! I've found your blog through Silvia at Shabby soul's and I love it! I'm your new follower ;)
Have a nice day
paola

nannykim said...

I really love it too --however it does look like a soft creamy yellow in the photos--perhaps in the daylight it may show differently. Does the white have a bit of yellow in it. ANyways--love the look and it goes nicely with your furniture.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH it turned out beautifully, Cindy! It is a very warm and cozy color and all of your furnishings looks lovely with it! So great when paint turns out how you want!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Looks fabulous! Sorry I missed your last post. Your kitchen color looks exactly like my bedroom walls. It's such a beautiful color! I love the crisp new colors you are using! Going to look like a new house.

Shabby soul said...

This new color of the walls is beautiful! Very welcoming but fresh the same.
We still are having very cold days here. Right now rain is becoming snow... But tomorrow sun should finally appear!
I love lavender too, and it's also cheap in Italy! I think in my own garden I'll put some lavender, it's so easy to grow in my places.
Hugs my sweet
Silvia

Elna said...

Thank you for following my blog. Your blog is very nice.
A very pleasant color. It is light yet warm. I think it will be very pretty with white armchairs.

Hugs
Elna

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

I love the new paint color...very light and airy. And it allows you to add and/or change out accent pieces in different colors. Looking forward to seeing the other changes you've made...you're such a tease ;)

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
It did turn out nicely! I wish I had chosen this color. I tried to match a dominat color in my rug and it ended up looking yellow on the walls-which I hate! Maybe I'll try again.

Tisha said...

It's all coming together so well! I like the new paint color. Thanks for linking up.

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Your living room looks so cozy and I love the wall color!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Your home is just so pretty Cindy. I love Craftsman style cottages!

Pamela said...

I love your home Cindy! So warm and inviting!!
Can't wait to see more!
Pamela xo

Maple Lane said...

Love the paint color, Cindy. We have used a natural wax color before and it gave off the same warm feeling. My bedroom has lots of turquoise and I love your touches of red with it.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Beautiful and warm. I need to get some painting done around here. Your rooms looks to inviting as always.

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am glad you had fun at the conference! Your wall color is really pretty! I love the warmth of the room!

blessings,
karianne

Ana said...

It looks beautiful Cindy...And I was just going to say that the red and turquoise look absolutely beautiful together...Great minds think alike my friend...Hee, hee, hee.

Much Love,
♥Ana

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You have been working so hard on your home and it looks great! The wall color is warm and inviting!

Designs By Deblyn said...

I love your little cottage...Looks so warm and inviting....

Cordyceps said...

Lovely work on wall paint! I’m definitely going to visit the blog frequently.

coating1 said...

Thanks for the post loaded with so many information.Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.