Google Translator

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Beautiful Manitoba

Hello  my friends, I do hope your week has been going well.
Our weather has turned sunny and with a little warmth to it, just right for April. The April showers that promise to bring May flowers have been here off and on, with plenty of sunshine in between.


This photo was taken last summer, the foliage has not appeared here, yet, soon I hope, though.  But I love this photo, it is of our beautiful Legislative grounds. It's my favorite place to visit in our city.


This is the magnificent staircase that you see once you've stepped out of the lobby into the Legislative Building.  Much of it is Manitoba limestone and marble. The bison is a symbol of Manitoba, where herds of them roamed at one time.



These were taken a month ago, the ice was just disappearing off of the lakes and ponds.

A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe ~

Now you have seen some find pictures, I hope you have heard some pretty music, too.

Have a good weekend!

Hugs, Cindy 

 
Fishermen on the Red River in the summer time.

20 comments:

Poppy said...

Wow!These are some gorgeous pictures of Manitoba, Cindy! Would love to visit Manitoba someday...Thanks for sharing these inspiring pictures with us~Poppy

Pondside said...

You live in a beautiful province, Cindy. The Legislature in Winnipeg is one of our favourites because of Mercury on the dome - he is the symbol of my husband's military unit.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It looks really lovely there, Cindy! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Millie said...

Beautiful pictures of our city, Cindy!

Rebecca said...

Fine pictures indeed! (I'd like to know more about those bison statues! Are they bronze?)

That quote is such a great reminder, Cindy. I believe I have it SOMEwhere in my collection.

We're hoping the predicted April showers happen here this afternoon/evening. We surely could use them.

Gail said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy! Thanks for sharing a part of your city with all us. Enjoy your weekend my friend, Gail

rosarod said...

Hi Cindy, a beautiful city! These surrounded by beauty. I hope you spend a blessed weekend, here makes a 80 degree heat when summer arrives, phew! Greetings, Rose M.

Faye Henry said...

Such a beautiful province you live in, Cindy.. Almost as nice as down East.. grin..
Blessings sweet friend..

poppilinnstudios said...

What a beautiful area you live in Cindy. Wonderful photos. Thank you for the tour! Enjoy your weekend!
-Lynn

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Fabulous photos! I love the retreating ice - something I'll probably never see in person - I hope you have a marvelous weekend,
Kathy

miabellavintage said...

Well the farthest east I have been is Saskatoon...but, I would love to travel across Canada some day, and go to your legislative buildings.

Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Hi Cindy, lovely photos especially of the lake. Have a beautiful weekend. Sharon:)

nannykim said...

I haven't seen ice for quite some time! I do not recall seeing any this year! I enjoyed your photos! Hope it gets warmed up soon for ya'll!

Miss Gracie's House said...

What a pretty place...one I would love to visit someday!
Rene'

Betty said...

You have some beautiful buildings and countryside in your Province Cindy. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Gorgeous sites!! Thank you for letting us see! And, thank you for your prayers, Cindy. blessings ~ tanna

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

You live in such a beautiful city! By faith, I'm going to visit it some day! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Ana said...

There is plenty of inspiration here my dear friend. Beautiful pictures. One day, God willing, I will be fortunate to visit your beautiful Candad. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a beautiful, warm, sunny day.

Much love,
♥Ana

podso said...

Lovely photos, and of your kitchen too. That's a magnificent staircase. I know you are enjoying spring. After summer in March, it's like winter here again!

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

Hi Mom! What beautiful pictures of the sunny weather you've had and are having. It sure makes one crave summer time. And that poem! How beautiful, and how true, especially in this day and age. I can't wait to come and visit you; only 8 days left! Thanks for sharing a little beauty. Love, Marissa xo