Google Translator

Monday, June 4, 2012

Seeing Nanaimo

Hello my friends, thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments on my last post.  That was three weeks ago and I just got back.
I was on a little vacation to see my family.
The first stop on my trip was Nanaimo, BC.  My oldest brother, Tim, lives there, I had not seen him in almost four years, and that was much too long.   Tim worked the three days I was there, but I had a fabulous time with my sis-in-law Rhonda and visited with Tim in the evenings.  She is a beautiful person, a very warm and loving friend and sister-in-law, whom I dearly love.  We talked almost non-stop for three days.  She has recently redecorated her house and I was able to hem three pairs of drapes for her and make one pair work far better for the window it was on. If I ever get a photo of it, I will show it to you.  For some reason, I only got a photo of her dining room. 


I neglected to take either one of my cameras, so these were all taken with my Blackberry. I am amazed at how well they turned out.



Nanaimo is on Vancouver Island, just two hours north of Victoria. 
These water photos are all taken at Nanaimo Harbour.



We went for a walk around the harbour and had fish and chips for lunch on a small boat that is permanently docked there.
It turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day.  The breeze keeps it nice and cool.


Rhododendrons are in full bloom.


This is the view from where their Pastor is building a home, isn't it gorgeous!?

I got to meet two lovely bloggers that live on the island, Melissa of Mia Bella Vintage and Pamela of French Buttons.  We spent several hours together wandering around Duncan, where we had a delicious lunch and visited several thrift stores and even a vintage clothing store. I purchased a sweet little picture that I will show you one day.
I got to see Melissa's house, but alas, I didn't take any photos.  It's an absolutely beautiful older home that she and her husband have done all of the work on themselves.   Perhaps she will let me borrow some of her photos to show you in the future.  You will like them, I promise.

I have photos of my nephew's wedding to show you next time.  See you then.
Thanks so much for the sweet comments that you leave, they make my day!

Hugs,

Cindy

27 comments:

Anne said...

Oh how fabulous, I love visiting the Island!! So glad you had some nice weather while you were there.

xox

Sheila said...

Welcome back Cindy. glad you had good weather and such a nice visit in Nanaimo. It's a lovely place to visit. My friend was walking along the harbour walk the other day as she often does and looked ahead to see a lady who looked so much like her friend from Prince George that she thought she would email her friend as soon as she got home...a few steps further and they were all smiles - no need to email then... We hope to visit the island before too long. A trip away is wonderful but it's always nice to come home.

miabellavintage said...

You are so nice! Hey how was the wedding? I thought about it a few times wondering how it all went. I enjoyed our time together immensely. I am so glad you came to visit and we could spend a fun time doing what we love.

Julie Harward said...

Three weeks, sounds like a lovely time! I love the talking for hours...and meeting with blog friends. The area of water and flowers is so beautiful. Good for you, getting away can be so refreshing! :)

Elna said...

I hear that you have had a wonderful time. Enjoy it for long.

Hugs
Elna

Jenifer said...

Love your pictures, Cindy! Beautiful! My cell phone does not take pictures very well. I am trying to remember to take my camera with me everywhere, but I have a very bad memory. ;)

oldthings said...

Dear Cindy
Welcome back! You missed us !. I am glad to had a great time with your family and your blogger friends.
Olympia

PAT said...

The photos are wonderful Cindy. Great job with the Blackberry!

Beautiful dining room and scenery and what fun it is to meet bloggers.:-)

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

S
xo

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Welcome back Cindy, glad you had a wonderful trip!! Your pics are beautiful!!

Millie said...

Welcome back, Cindy! Glad you had fun while away. It's always fun to meet up with other blog friends.

podso said...

It sounds like a wonderful time away complete with decor help andeeting with blogging friends. Welcome home. It's good to see a post from you again.

Carol said...

Welcome home! I am always glad to get back home.

Rebecca said...

I missed you, Cindy. I enjoy your posts and am happy you're "back". I look forward to seeing the interiors of the homes you referred to..for some reason, interiors of "real" homes interest me immensely!

The time spent with friends and family sound warm and joyful. And the sights you saw are intriguing - rather new to me...

nannykim said...

Three weeks?? nice! Wish you had taken more pictures of the inside of the home! Looks like it was a beautiful area

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy and welcome back. Beautiful photos of Nanaimo. I was there once in 1978 but don't remember anything about it. That's exciting you got to meet 2 bloggers! Blessings, Pamela

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Glad to hear you had such a delightful time. And in such a beautiful place! I know the time spent to see your brother and his family were most precious. Maybe next time it won't be so long. ;) And then to get together with some blogging friends to boot!! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

anangloinquebec said...

Lucky you! I really want to get back out to BC and do some more travelling. Such gorgeous country.

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! There you are, I've missed you. I'm so glad you've had a great time on your vacation and how nice you could visit your family.
What a beautiful place. The view from your pastor's new house to be is gorgeous! He may never come to church again! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I'm glad you had a great family visit, but I'm ghlad you're back!
Nanimo is really beautiful.
And how fun you got to meet fellow bloggers too.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

So glad you have enjoyed a wonderful adventure to see family and meet new friends!! The scenery is beautiful! Look forward to seeing more. blessings ~ tanna

rosarod said...

Hey Cindy, welcome and deserved your fabulous vacation, I'm sure that everything was wonderful, your photos as always showing beautiful landscapes and warm sites. Greetings, Rose M

thistlewoodfarm said...

Hello sweet Cindy! Welcome back! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I think your photos are amazing!

Have a blessed day!
karianne

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Dear Cindy,
I have been away from my blog for the last month.The week we arrived home from vacation we had a family tragedy and I haven't been up to posting.. This is my fist day visiting.
I am so happy for you being able to spend time with your loved ones. Nanaimo Harbour is lovely..
Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

Laurel Stephens said...

I enjoyed your photos (great phone!) Vancouver island is one of my favorite places. Thanks for sharing them.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a wonderful trip, you look like you had a great and happy vacation at Nanaimo by Vancouver Island. I too cannot believe the incredible pics with your cel...you were lucky!! Thanks for sharing and for visiting me a while..you are very kind.
Hugs,
FABBY

Ana said...

Welcome back Ms. Cindy. I've missed you tons. Sounds like you had a wonderful little vacation. Love your pictures.

Much love,
♥Ana