Google Translator

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gifts from Wales

Hello!
I'm back and I'm trying to readjust to "real life". 
As some of you know I have been gone for almost two months from my blog.
Thank you to those of you who prayed for my oldest daughter.
She has recovered quite nicely and is bending her knee again, despite the fact that it is very painful, she's almost back to brand new. Although, I doubt that she will do any serious hiking for a while still.



Do you like my new banner?
I am LOVING it! Do you see the button details? And the colours are perfect!!!
My dear Pastor and his wife were on a trip to Europe, and Wales was one of the places that they visited. She said she saw this in the window of one of the many craft stores that she saw there, and thought of me immediately.
Isn't she a doll to get this for me?!
Thank you dearest lady, I love and appreciate you so much. 

And for a whole lot more than the gifts, trust me. She is a beautiful Godly woman that we, the ladies in our church, truly look up to and admire.
And, she has a blog, Laughter and Latte. Anyone who can raise her own three children (teenagers), with a busy Pastor husband and raise four young foster children as well, (that they will have until they are grown), well...you have to admire them. And, every time I see her she is still smiling! 



She also gave me this, I have a plan for it...it could cover a bulletin board perhaps?


How about you? How has your summer been? Has it been hot where you are or has it been rainy like some?

We are enjoying a cooler day today with a bit of rain, but it has been in the 90's pretty much every day here this summer.

Enjoy your day!

Hugs, Cindy



23 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you're "back" and that your daughter is progressing. And that is a sweet gift from your pastor's wife! How thoughtful.

oldthings said...

Dear Cindy
Welcome back and I'm glad that your daughter is very well. The gift of your friends is very beautiful and you decorated it nicely.
Have a resting month
Olympia

Millie said...

Hi Cindy
Glad to see you back! The banner is so nice, and is a very sweet gift! Hope to see you soon

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So nice to see you back, Cindy! I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well! The banner is adorable...such a sweet gift!

Pondside said...

I was so pleased to see your name pop up on my list again, Cindy. Welcome back! What a thoughtful gift from your pastor and his wife - I must go and look at her blog.

Greet Lefèvre said...

Cindy!! Si nice to hear of you!!Your banner is really nice and I am so pleased to hear that your daughter is doing well!
Hugs,
Greet

Pamela Gordon said...

Welcome back to blogging Cindy. I've missed you! What lovely gifts from your friend. The banner is perfect. It's been very hot and sunny here all of July but we had rain and drizzle yesterday and today which we really needed. I'm on my way to Alberta this afternoon as our new grandson has arrived. I'll be scarce for a couple of weeks here. Take care. Hugs, Pamela

Gail said...

What sweet gifts Cindy! I'm off to go check out her blog. Enjoy your evening, Gail

Faye Henry said...

Hello dear friend..
Nice to have you back and with such good news of your dear daughter..
I have not been blogging very much either as this is such a busy time..
We have had such lovely weather this year.. Not too hot or too rainy.. Just right..
Take care..

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy and welcome home! I know you're glad to be back home again. How sweet of your pastor's wife to bring you these sweet gifts. The banner looks just like you and I thought you were going to tell us you made it! ;) The little tea towel is darling and I'll be looking forward to what you do with it.
I've missed you,
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

thistlewoodfarm said...

Cindy,

I am so glad that you daughter is doing well! And your new banner is so cute!

blessings,
karianne

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

So glad you're back! The banner is totally you...and your friend obviously knew it. Good news about your daughter too. Enjoy being home and getting settled back into your life!

Ana said...

Welcome back my sweet friend...Missed you. Love that pretty little "HOME" banner. And how perfect it looks in that window. Sending you lots of hugs.

❤Ana

Betty said...

It's good to have you back Cindy, and good news that your daughter is slowly recovering.
These souvenier gifts are lovely and well chosen for you:)
Hope you can catch up with rest and all that you have been away from. You have done a wonderful job looking after your daughter and her family.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

So glad to hear your daughter is doing well, Cindy! And, I'm glad you're back. ;) Your friend chose the perfect gift for you! blessings ~ tanna

My simple life said...

dear cindy
welcome back!so glad to hear your daughter is doing well.great gift!!!
have a nice time
love and hugs regina

nannykim said...

Glad your daughter continues to mend! I love the banner and the place you have set it in--that liast pic is so nice!

Lorraine said...

Welcome back.
Love, Lorraine

cuori e perline said...

Fortunately you daughter is well!
I love your banner!
hugs
Annamaria from Italy

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Welcome back! I've been in and out myself this summer :) I'm so glad to hear your daughter is recovering nicely.
We've are in another severe drought this summer with record breaking temps :(( but our family is doing well and God has been good in so many other ways so we can't really complain can we?
A sweet gift from your pastor's wife indeed.

Pamela said...

I do love the banner and enlarged it a bit to see the buttons. Having a Godly pastor's wife is a blessing. I'm thankful your daughter is healing.

Julie Harward said...

Good to hear from you, glad you are back home and all went well. I Love the banner, and the love that came with it is wonderful too! Have a great August! ;)

Jenifer said...

So glad your daughter is doing well. I will continue to pray for her.