Google Translator

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Small Changes Can Make a Big Impact

I'm loving the simpler decor lately. I go through this every once in a while. I will put out more pretties, and then one day I will look at it and think it's way too much! Then I will take half of it out and start over again. Do you do that?
So I shopped the house this week for items that I had put away and I'm enjoying the "new" simpler version.



I left only a small vignette on each end of the fireplace and put the large framed picture back up there.



The other side of the fireplace is the same, simple.
The room feels calmer, funny how that happens.


I purchased two new pillows today, the creamy coloured one with the stripes.
I found them on clearance at Winners, only $11.00 each! 




I put the cat book ends on this chest, they are the only folk art I've ever had, and I love them.




I put the glass jars behind the sofa, I like the fact that they're clear and so you can see through them.I like those pillows, and the best thing is that they came with feather inserts. The cover and the feather insert for $11.00 is a steal!

What have you been up to, do tell.

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs, Cindy



16 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Cindy
I've been tweaking the 2 guest rooms. Your home looks so pretty and I sm still amazed by your pretty slipcovers.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your room is so lovely, Cindy! I have been keeping very busy babysitting my youngest granddaughter this week!

Patty@Lemon Lane Cottage said...

I do the same thing. I think it's usually spurred on by a cleaning spurt...lol Your tweaked look is so pretty.

Rebecca said...

In my opinion, your tweaks are "just right"! What a comfortable and attractive room, Cindy. It must bring you much pleasure and peace to sit there (or even pass through it)...

Gail said...

I couldn't agree with you more...small changes do make a big impact! All your little changes looks just beautiful Cindy. I love your home!! Hope you have a wonderful day my friend, Gail

Shelley said...

Your home is very lovely...thanks for visiting my blog..I hope you will come again...blessings

traci said...

looks wonderful cindy. i do this a lot. i am into simple right now too. just feels right.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

How funny, Cindy, I have been doing the exact same thing! I don't know if it's because of the clutter that a little baby brings (lovely but messy!) but I have been in a crazy tidying mode for weeks now! And I love the tweeks you've made!

Sarahx

Anne said...

It looks so serene and beautiful. Love the cushions!! Maybe you're nesting in preparation for winter?? Enjoy your day!

Shabby soul said...

Hello my darling friend! I'm back from holidays, and happy to read in your last post your daughter is well! =)
I still have no internet in the new home... hope soon.
Hugs my darling
Silvia

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I saw so many items I had never noticed before! And I especially loved the aqua blue touchs you had
placed here and there.

Faye Henry said...

Everything looks lovely, Cindy..
Your house is so welcoming and sweet.. God bless..

Pamela Gordon said...

Sometimes less is more, as they say. I agree. Love those new cushions! What a deal you got on them. Your living room always looks nice and cozy. Hugs, Pam

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your living room looks so pretty Cindy and I love your new pillows too!

Ana said...

I do exactly the same thing too. I go towards the minimalist side of decorating when I feel the space is getting a little overwhelming but believe me it doesn't stay that way for too long...Hee, Hee, Hee. I just love to surround myself with lots of pretties....and once I do the cycle begins again :-)

Hugs,
❤Ana

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I love the new pillows and they are so you. Great find!