Google Translator

Friday, September 14, 2012

Autumn Mantel and New Sign

Hello everyone,
it's beginning to feel like Autumn at my house, how about yours? It was down very close to freezing overnight!
In keeping with the season I have been adding orange to my rooms. Did you know that orange and turquoise are beautiful partners? Add in a little red and you have a happy combination, I think.


I have read that you should decorate a room or piece of furniture the way you want it, then stand back and remove one thing.
I stood back and removed the little pumpkins and gourds that I had put in front of the pictures.

Then I made a silhouette of a crow and added it.



The Autumn sign is something that I had seen on Pinterest. 
That took me no more than 15 minutes to make.
The September quote is a printable that you can get from the beautiful blog Dear Lillie, you'll find it there. Every month she offers a new quote for free. By the way, she's having her 500th Giveaway today!
Go over and leave her a comment.



My little Sea-breeze fan has joined in the Autumn fun, it's sitting next to some sweet Fall flowers that I picked while on my  walk yesterday.

If you're looking for crafts for Autumn, check out tatertots and jello, she has lots and lots of great craft tutorials.

And as always, thanks so much for stopping by and thank you for your thoughtful comments, I read and appreciate each and every one of them.

Have an amazing weekend!!!

Cindy

A clarification:


I put two photos of this beautiful old building on my post about "Lake of the Woods", stating that the building was in Kenora, Ontario.
My husband pointed out to me that it is actually in Morden, Manitoba. My mistake! I asked him to take this photo, then promptly forgot when and where that took place.
It's a beautiful example of Manitoba architecture from the early 1900's, most likely built out of Limestone from a quarry near Morden.
Okay, now I feel better!
Have a nice day, my friends.

22 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy your fall mantel looks fabulous! Love it!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Cindy love your mantel especially the sign you made and the crow!

I do that too - put stuff on - look at for a while - move it around- put it back- take it off...until I like it :)

Maple Lane said...

Good Morning, Cindy. What a warm and cozy mantel. Love the colors and the crow is adorable. Thanks, too, for the links. Wishing you a good Friday. Mildred

Millie said...

It's all looking so good, Cindy! This cool weather brings on fall creativity.....

thistlewoodfarm said...

Your fall mantel is so pretty! I really like the fall sign and the pop of blue! It is starting to cool down here, too!

blessings,
karianne

Shabby soul said...

My darling friend never as this year I was waiting autumn!
We had a heat temperature (until 41°C!) for three months, without a drop of rain... You can imagine...
I adore this season now! =)
Your decorations are so nice!
Hugs my sweet friend
Silvia

Gail said...

Oh Cindy, your fall mantel looks beautiful and I love the crow! He's so cute sitting there. And I love vignette you created with your little Sea-breeze fan! I'm just about done with all the fall decorating I'm going to do inside. Hopefully this weekend I'll get outside and do a few things out there. Hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend, Gail

Betty said...

Dear Cindy, You have such a flair for decorating. It all looks so cosy and inviting. The Autumn picture is lovely and the other sweet items set it off beautifully.
Wish you could come here and advise me on decor:)
It's early Spring here and I'm looking forward to warmer days.
Happy days to you and yours, Betty

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Love your fall mantel! And really love the fan on the silver tray!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Your mantel is perfect. I remember that quote on Dear Lillie. I loved it. Even though I am far from a graphic designer I enjoy doing those printables too. It's finally cooler here and such a welcome change! Enjoy your weekend Cindy...Ann

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
You make me wish I had a mantle to decorate.
Is that sweet picture a Norman Rockwell print? A litte whimpsy
with the little fellow and his dog!
I love orange and turquoise together. they really compliment each other.
Have a great weekend-Kimberly

Pamela Gordon said...

Your mantel looks perfect for fall and I love that you added the crow. I like the flowers in the bottles too. I hope you enjoy the weekend. Blessings, Pam

Julie Harward said...

Yes, I am feeling Fall in the air too, had my first cup of hot chocolate and a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie tonight! Love your mantel, I can tell that you love to feather your nest..me too! ;)

podso said...

Your mantle looks great! Interesting concept to step back and remove one item. My sister put a picture of my mantle last yr on Pinterest and it has been repinned a lot. I was grateful as I had to go look to see what I did last year, the first time I decorated our new mantle. I really do love fall, and I love turquoise as it goes with SI many colors! Hope you're having a nice weekend!

Rhonda said...

I like the little crow silhouette too.
No, I never thought about turquoise and orange as partners but they do look really nice together.
It is cooler in OK but no where near freezing yet.

Brittany said...

Lovely Mantel, Cindy! It's just right!

Carol said...

Cindy,
Love your little fan! I have one that was Mister's. It needs to be rewired, though. Works great. I had it on one night when I was canning and then afterwards we noticed that the cord was dangerously frayed! So we cut it off and will rewire someday...

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hooray for autumn decorating! Your mantelpiece looks brilliant! I love autumn, don't you? In England, I think it's one of my favourite months of all....cosy but still mild. Perfect!

Sarahx

RicKaren said...

I love tha mantel and also the fan! Enjoy the season, Cindy! I am!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

I haven't even pulled out my fall decorations yet :/ We're still experiencing some warmer than normal temps so I'm not quite in the mood yet! I was at an antique/junk market over the weekend and saw some vintage style fans like your Seabreeze and thought about how fortunate you were to get one for free! I didn't buy one by the way.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Love this mantel. It looks so cozy.
I like the Autumn sign...
enjoy the fall like weather, we're getting some tomorrow.
I can't wait.
Pat

Jenifer said...

I love that mantel!