Google Translator

Monday, October 15, 2012

A Deer Silhouette

Hello,
Today I want to show you a simple project that I did last week.
I have a frame that I found at a thrift store several years ago, it has a mat in it that has a place for a verse underneath the picture.



I hung it on a wall that doesn't get any natural light and using a lamp only turned everything golden, it looks much better in sepia.
I was thinking about the verse found in Psalms 41:2 the day that this idea came to me.
First, I found a silhouette of a deer and made a copy of it that would fit my mat.
Then I made a copy of the verse and put it together.
I'm not sure if you can read it, but it says,
"As a deer longs for streams of water, so I long for You, God. I thirst for God, the living God."

I think we all long to know that there is someone who is all wise and knows all things and is much more powerful then we are. And I'm glad that I can know Jesus, and like the Psalmist, my soul longs for Him, the living God.




And this is where it hangs, below the Autumn Woods picture. I can almost see a deer walking into the clearing in the picture. In my minds eye, at least.
I'm so sorry for the poor picture quality.

I like to surround myself with "things" that are meaningful to me, don't you?

Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for popping by.

Hugs, Cindy


This is a photo that my husband took when we were in Weyburn, Saskatchewan last July for a wedding. There had just been a storm with thunder, lightning and torrential rain.
The storm was over and the sky was beautiful.

22 comments:

Maple Lane said...

Hi Cindy, That's a gorgeous sky photo your husband took. I love the deer and the verse in the matted frame. You did a beautiful job. Have a blessed week.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love how this turned out, Cindy...the silhouette goes perfectly with the verse! Thanks so much for stopping by my ideas house posts!

Rebecca said...

The simplicity of your "project" is SO appropriate for the message. "As the deer pants for the water....You alone are my strength and shield; to You alone does my spirit yield...."

And OH, what a photo of that Saskatchewan sky!

Gail said...

I love this Cindy and you have displayed it so beautifully! Enjoy your day my friend. Hugs, Gail

Vintage Gal said...

Cindy ~ Love the way you have displayed this and so inspiration every time you glance that way. I just love this. God is good isn't he?
Have a wonderful day ~

Anne said...

How lovely! and the photo your hubby took is gorgeous!!

Lorraine said...

We have a lot of deer around here in New York state... unfortunately this time of year they start to come out of the woods and you see them on the side of the road, hit by a car and dead.... it breaks my heart.
Lorraine

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your project dear Cindy, I always wanted to make siluets from family pics, but have never really gotten into it. I love yours! Thanks for your sweet visit. Big hugs,
FABBY

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

That is one of my favortie scripture verses as it reminds me to constantly seek Him and to know Him. I pray that I will always have that longing. And such a lovely picture to go along with the verse. Perfect!!

Greet Lefèvre said...

Hi Cindy,
The deer silhouette is very very beautiful and you chose the perfect place to hang it!
And that picture of the sky your husband took is amazing!!!
Love,
Greet

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That turned out great and it really looks perfect under that tree picture!

Ana said...

What a great project....love the deer silhouette and the verse couldn't be more perfect for it. Beautiful post my friend.

❤Ana

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love this project Cindy! It's lovely! Happy Fall! Angie xo

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, this is one of my favorite scriptures and what a great way to use it with the deer silhouette.
I too am so thankful I can come to Jesus and He gives me what I need.
Thanks so much for popping in to see e.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I love the simplicity of your framed deer. And the verse is perfect for it.

Marina Pérez said...

Hi a new surprise for you in my blog ;)

Bluebells and Lavender said...

I love the deer picture and surrounding oneself with meaningful things is what makes a house a home..love the picture of the forest above as well. Have a lovely day! Sharon x

Rhonda said...

As the Deer is one of my favorite songs. you know, this would be an easy to make gift for a man too. Seems everyone is looking for budget friendly gift ideas right now.

hope you are having a good week.

Riet said...

What a beautiful post and what a beautiful sky.

oldthings said...

Hi, Cindy ,
How are you ? I hope well ! Your idea was wonderful ! The silhouette of a deer and the meaning says so much !
The last photos is very nice !
Olympia

Pamela Gordon said...

Somehow I missed this post Cindy. I love the picture that you made up and of course the verse is a very special one and I also like the song "As the Deer". It looks perfect on your wall with the sepia autumn scene above it. Blessings, Pamela

Patty Wiles said...

Cindy, thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments. Have a great week!