Google Translator

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Most Viewed Posts of 2012 (Before and Afters)

Hello all, so glad you have popped by for a minute.
Today I am excited to show you my most viewed posts of 2012. I was in for a big surprise when I went to see how views each post has received.
Now, I do not keep an eye on what is viewed how many times. So when I saw that this first one had received over 1000 views I was shocked!


After


Before



And my second most viewed, at over 700 views was the "I Made The Impossible Possible" challenge reveal.



After



Before

(note the yellow wall colour)

And the third most viewed post was...

a discussion on colour, due to the fact that I was looking for a nice creamy off white paint for my living room. And that happened to be the fourth most viewed post.


In February I painted my living room.
After



Before



It was a nice butter yellow, but after three years, it was time for a change.

My all-time favourite project from last year was one that my dear son did for me. 
He's a brick-layer with his own business and I begged and pleaded with him to do something with my fireplace.
It was a dark hole in my living room, literally sucking all of the life out of it. (Okay, that may be a bit exaggerated.)

Bless his heart, he came up with the perfect answer, he refaced it with vintage brick. He cut the face off of each side of a brick and for less than $100 worth of brick it was  completed.

Before


After



After-after 
My husband built a new mantel for it.



Thank you, Greg, I love it so much now!

If you are still with me, then you deserve a prize!
I wish I had one to send to each of you.
I am so grateful for all of you dear ladies that I have met through my blog and the friendships that I have made. 
Thank you to each and every one of you, I now have a group of friends, (many of you round about my own age) with like interests. You have greatly enriched my life.

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Cindy

And last but not least, my favourite photo from last winter.


Our Mountain Ash, after a snowfall. 


31 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

They are all beautiful projects Cindy! I love the armoire...it's so lovely! It reminds me of my grandmother's armoire. Hope your week is going great! Angie xo

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Great projects. The fireplace looks fantastic. What a wonderful job he did.

Pondside said...

All great projects, Cindy. No wonder you has so many views!

Joyful said...

Love all your befores and afters, and that winter tree photo is stupendous! Happy New Year!

oldthings said...

You made wonderful changes ! I liked the suitcase , the fire place and the armoire. At 2012 you worked very much .A little bit rest for 2013 !!!!!!!
Have a nice day !
Olympia

Rebecca said...

I enjoyed ALL of these, Cindy - and most of all your companionship in the village of blogging that I have come to think of as a second "home town".

That Mountain Ash after a snowfall is such a beautiful picture. All it needs is a red cardinal on its branches :)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great to go back and remember. Love your fireplace, you son has a great skill there! And such a beautiful snow shot, love those red berries...
Blessings,
Cindy

Maple Lane said...

Oh how I enjoyed these photos! It's always delightful to visit with you. The fireplace turned out just perfect! Hope you are enjoying a cup of hot tea there this a.m.!

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

A great review of some wonderful accomplishments in 2012 and some great posts!! Excellent job! I love the snow on your tree, too! blessings ~ tanna

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Gorgeous pictures and super projects. They all deserve mention. Love the fireplace too. Hugs, Marty

Anne said...

everything looks so wonderful! Isn't it great that we keep painting and repainting everything?? We never run out of blog posts! lol

xox

Pamela Gordon said...

I can't believe all the changes you made in your living room last year Cindy. I can see why you had so many page views. It looks so much nicer and brighter but still very cozy. And the best part is that you did most of it yourself! I always enjoy visiting you my friend. Have a great day! Hugs, Pamela

OurSearsKitHome said...

Cindy,
So much beauty in this post! Your fireplace did turn out beautifully. It had great lines already, but the refacing and the mantel really make it pop!
The vintage suitcase is wonderful. I must to re-review that post. Your home is lovely. I think about doing what you did to your armoire to some of our furniture....
And the sewing drawer pictures are up.

Shelia said...

Morning, Cindy! Oh, I just love your posts and isn't it just amazing how many folks view our posts but don't necessarily comment. I love all that you've done!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sharon de Jager said...

Hi Cindy, you've done such a lot of work last year, well done you! And your lounge looks really stunning, I love the white chairs with the splash of red! Have a lovely week!

Jenifer said...

Lovely photos!

Carolyn said...

All great projects-I love the fireplace! The mountain ash photo is beautiful!
Carolyn

Gail said...

Oh Cindy, I LOVE all your beautiful projects especially your fireplace! Looking forward to following along to see what 2013 has in store for you and your lovely little cottage. Blessings to you my friend, Gail

Betty said...

You started your projects so early in the year and worked hard to complete all of those beautiful transformations. I admire all of the work you have done, but especially covering your lounge chairs. What a job, and so well done!
Have a good day Cindy!
Betty

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The Mountain Ash photo is just beautiful! I can see why it would be a favorite. Those are all great projects - I love how the fireplace turned out!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I can certainly see why the armoir was so popular! It did turn out looking so different...and so cottage-y!

Of course I remember that fireplace make over too...seems like such a long time ago. It all looks wonderful.

Pat

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I can see why your mountain ash tree is the favorite photo to you!
It is stunning.
I remember all of your home decor re-dos and so enjoyed following you through each one. I love to come and visit and will be with you for 2013 too!
Take care-Kimberly

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I loved seeing all your projects again! I had forgotten about the suitcase. I think it might be my favorite!

Robin said...

I know that the hutch, the suitcase and your wall color where personal favorites of mine. LOL! Still drooling over the hutch by the way.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

They're all beautiful Cindy, I can see you were a busy and talented lady in 2012. Loving the hutch, I miss the one I had, wish I have space in my house to place it, but do not!! Thank you for your sweet and kind visit. Have a great weekend.
FABBY

Rhonda said...

Hi Cindy, I remember all of these when you first posted them. Your home is beautiful!

that snowy tree is so pretty, I don't think we have that kind of tree in OK.

Shabby soul said...

My sweet, your home turned really beautiful and full of charme! You (and your loved) have made a really great job!
A big big hug to you darling Cindy
Silvia

Kelly said...

I love your cozy living room! It's so pretty. All of your changes made a big difference. Love the arched opening in your fireplace too.

Sheila said...

I enjoyed seeing these before and afters when you posted them and now. The New Year is definitely a good time to rearrange, reorganize and look at things closely. I do like all the changes you made Cindy. What a good idea to choose a favourite photo! Yours is lovely.

pam {simple details} said...

What a great year of projects, Cindy! I don't think I could pick a favorite ~ well maybe the fireplace! :) You should submit your photo somewhere it's truly gorgeous! All the best for 2013!

Buttons said...

Wow I can see how you have attracted so much interest with these posts your photos and ideas are incredible. I especially love the painted suitcase myself. You have a beautiful home B B