Google Translator

Monday, February 25, 2013

Carolyn's Newly Painted Table and Chairs

Hello my friends, thanks so much for dropping by Oakview Cottage.
I hope you had a good weekend.

Recently my daughter Carolyn repainted her chairs and Craigs list table.
She needed to recover her chairs, but wondered what she could use that would be washable, but not stick to your skin like vinyl does.
She has a sticky little six-year old boy who is all boy!

I suggested she use oil cloth.
She found some online and ordered it.
She's very happy with the look of it and the feel.




I love the cheerful colours in the fabric, it even has a vintage look to it, I think.

Isn't it great looking?
Ah, there's the little burlap runner that I made her.




I love the colour of her walls, here are a few more photos of her little kitchen. I posted these last fall.




Can you see the little IKEA chandelier in the mirror?






I hope you're enjoying a bit of spring weather.
It has warmed up considerably here, it's still below freezing, but the sun is causing a bit of melting still!

Thank you so much for coming by, I hope you leave a comment so I know you've been here.
And welcome to my new visitors, thank you so much for visiting.

Have a great week!

I'm joining Nita for Mod Vintage Monday.





Seeing photos of her house makes me miss her so much...

20 comments:

Anne said...

The chairs look fabulous! Love all your little touches around your home. So warm and inviting!

Happy Monday Cindy!

xox

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh Hi Cindy- I think the little table and chairs is so cute! Love the look of the oil cloth...I guess, I don't know too much about oil cloth. What it is or anything.
It made me giggle to hear you say it warmed up, but still below freezing! I can't imagine.

that last picture is a nice setting, I like it.

have a great week. Pat

Joyful said...

I really like the paint colour on the table and chairs. The oilcloth is quite pretty too!

nannykim said...

oil cloth reminds me of older days! Is it pretty expensive? I love the round table--I have always wanted one in the place of a rectangular one, but I would need a big one for the family when they visit and it would not fit my space. I think they are so nice for sitting around since everyone really faces everyone else!

oldthings said...

Carolyn's chairs are lovely ! The colour of this fabric is happy and pretty !I liked the embroidered frame !Have a nice day !
Olympia

Susan in SC said...

How pretty! I would not have thought to use oil cloth. You are very clever!

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful pattern & happy colors! That was a great idea - and I can't think of any reason it shouldn't wear well. I've never thought about using it to upholster chair seats.

Aren't we blessed to have technology to share pictures back and forth? Before technology, the distance between us and our children would have seemed even greater! (We just skyped with our son and his children last night....)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy she did a fantastic job on that table and chairs, love the cheery fabric! Her home is beautiful!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The chairs look great! Oilcloth is a wonderful choice and yes it does look a bit vintagey.

Pamela Gordon said...

Your daughter has your flair for decorating Cindy. I love the oil cloth pattern on the chair pads. Very vintage. Her kitchen is really sweet and I like the painted table and chairs. Nicely done! It's sunny here today and going up to +5C. There's another weather system coming on Thursday but not sure what it will produce yet. Enjoy the day! Hugs, Pam

Ana said...

The chairs and table look great. And what an awesome idea to use oil cloth to cover the seats. Your daughter has such a pretty decorating style, just like her momma :-)

❤Ana

Gail said...

Hi Cindy, your daughter did a great job on the chairs....I love the fabric! She has a beautiful home. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Gail

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Like mother, like daughter, a pair of talented gals! What a great job your DD did with those chairs! I love her warm and sweet home too. Thank you for your lovely wishes for our Anniversary. Big hugs,
FABBY

Ann said...

She did a great job with the chairs.
The burlap table runner is lovely.

podso said...

The chairs do look wonderful and your daughter has a sweet kitchen. I love the sink photo where you can see the soap bubbles! An "action" shot!

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

The oilcloth is terrific! Great, and practical choice!
And your flexi clip is beautiful.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

What a lovely space. The chairs turned out great too. I know what you mean about missing your daughter. I miss mine every day. :o)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

C.U.T.E!! And, I sooo understand the missing her part. blessings ~ tanna

Sheila said...

What a great idea for the chairs. You and your daughter must so enjoy the days you are together. i can just imagine the fun you'd have in the second hand stores discovering treasures together.

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
Oilcloth was good advice-I love the chairs!She has a sweet kitchen all around.
Like Mother-Like Daughter!
I know how you miss her. I sure wish my daughter lived closer too!