Google Translator

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

These cold wintery days call for comfort food, don't you think?
I was in Tim Horton's recently and on an overhead monitor an image flashed of something that looked like a bowl of Cream of Chicken Soup with chunks of chicken, vegetables and egg noodles in it.
I was suddenly very hungry for it, so I went home and recreated it.
And is it good!
I called it "Chicken Pot Pie Soup".
Then I searched for it on Pinterest and I found lots of recipes for it, wouldn't you know it.
There's nothing original about me!


The base of mine was not overly thick and creamy.
I used chicken breast, fresh carrots, peas, onions, celery, whole wheat noodles, my own chicken stock and 1% milk in it.
To make it a quick meal, you can use cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup as your base. I used cream of chicken soup.
Or you can make your own base like this person did from Skinnytaste.com.

This does not have to be a calorie laden soup.
The recipe from Skinnytaste only has 169.2 calories in a cup of it.
Save the calories for the biscuits that you make to go with it.
I did not capture a photo of mine.
They disappeared too quickly!


This is my new favourite comfort food.
What is your favourite comfort food?
I would love to hear about it!

Have a wonderful beginning of your week,
I hope you folks on the East Coast of Canada and the USA have dug yourselves out.
I do not envy you all of that snow.

Hugs, Cindy


I won't leave you with a snow photo, some of you have seen way too much of that this weekend already!

16 comments:

Pondside said...

We all need something that says 'comfort' don't we? For me it's tomato soup with saltines. It will cure whatever ails, whenever!

Rhonda said...

yes, that really looks like comfort food and so delicious.
A casual restarant we like to eat at in OKCity sometimes has chicken pot pie soup on their lunch money. Theirs is good but yours looks even better and so perfect for you to serve during your snow.

no snow at this for us, yet!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Your soup looks delish. I have never used whole wheat noodles...I've used pasta though. I bet it makes the soup even heartier. Have a good week...I hope your weather is good enough for you to get out and walk. :o)

Ginger Zuck said...

Yum, your soup looks so good. We have been eating soup like crazy every week. I just made vegetable today, but may have to do this next week.! Thanks.

poppilinnstudios said...

Perfect comfort food for these snowy days! Looks delicious.
-Lynn

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That looks so darn yummy and comforting. My daughter and I love chicken pot pie so I know we would love this.

Patty Sumner said...

Cindy that looks absolutely yummy! That would make any cold day better. I love soups/stews on a cold day...Your chicken pot pie soup looks light enough to eat on a cool Spring day too. Blessings!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks so delicious...especially on a snowy day! I think I need to make some soup!

Maple Lane said...

I always enjoy my visits to your blog, Cindy! This soup will be perfect for hubby and me.
Potato soup is another fav comfort food of mine.
Wishing you a very nice day.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Love soup on a cold day and this looks YUMMY!
Hope you have a GREAT week.
Blessings,
Cindy

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
My goodness your Chicken Pot Pie Soup sounds wonderful and so warming. There is nothing like a bowl of hot home made soup.
I think a comfort food for me would be a pot of freshly cook pinto beans, just the smell of it delights me. Scoop up a ladle of beans and add some sharp cheddar cheese on top..warm up a flour tortilla and I'm in heaven.
Have a sweet valentine week, Sending you big hugs, Elizabeth

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, yummy, that looks good and I can tell it's a comfort food. I'd love to have a bowl!
Thank for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Yum - it looks delicious!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for popping in to see me and thank you for your sweetness.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

yum!!! That looks so good, Cindy!! Happy Valentine's Day! blessings ~ tanna

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

MMMMMMmmmm,.. this soup looks perfect for a cold Winter's Day, Cindy! I also like to have buscuits with my soup...they are made for dunking!

Not thta mcuh snow here in Colorado as yet..it's been a mild winter!