Google Translator

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Look Back at the Eating Area

Happy Wednesday!
Recently, I was looking back at some of my first blog posts. 
I was a little surprised to see what my kitchen eating area looked like when we first moved in.
How easily I forget!

This was over four years ago.





The walls were originally a dark maroon-ish red. 
This was a DARK depressing room!

The first thing we did was paint the walls a butter yellow, before our furniture even arrived.

The above photo was taken before we did a complete kitchen renovation.
I had forgotten how much of a change the new cabinets made.

The round table was too large for the small room, so we found a smaller vintage table at a junk store.
We gave it a makeover and used it instead.
And the changes continued...





The yellow walls and white cabinets were nice, but I really wanted a colour change...


Last February I painted the kitchen walls a turquoise oops paint that I found and I removed the drapery.

Next was the light fixture that I found on sale and a garage sale table was installed. The two old chairs may receive a makeover here very soon.

And this is what it looks like today, lighter and brighter.






I hope you enjoyed my little exercise in "looking back"!

I still have the vintage table and large chairs along with the light fixture from the second photo...soon I will show you where I have installed them.

I truly hope you are enjoying a beautiful spring day.
It's sunny and -22 C this morning!
That's way below seasonal norms, they say. 
Oh spring, where are you?

Thank you so much for coming by!

HUGS, CINDY




21 comments:

Greet Lefèvre said...

Dear Cindy,
It is amazing to see this wonderful change! You have done a wonderful job! Your kitchen looks so inviting!
Wouww!!! - 22°!!! So cold!
Here is was snowing for the last 2 days! I am so looking forward to Spring!!
Hugs from a snowy Belgium!
xx
Greet

Connie said...

Ooh, I like this room. I love your white cabinets! What a lovely place you have. :)

Rhonda said...

Those white cabinets are beautiful, I did not realize there were so many of them. It was fun going down memory lane with you.
It is warmer here, I think the forecast is 60 by afternoon.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Cindy,
I have always loved your kitchen! My dream would be to have white vintage cabinets. Maybe one day I can talked Gary into having our Oak cabinets painted. I like both looks very much in your kitchen. You are like me we are always changing things around in the kitchen, its fun to add color. Your oops paint looks wonderful and its such a happy color. Love love love your kitchen!
We are having beautiful weather here. But then again April showers bring May flowers so I think we still might get some rain.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Pamela Gordon said...

What a lot of changes for the better you have made in your kitchen, Cindy! It looks so nice now and much brighter with the built in cabinets. You have done a wonderful job of decorating it! It's pouring rain here today so the risk of flooding and ice jams is there along the rivers. Stay cozy in your lovely kitchen. Hugs, Pam

Rebecca said...

I really like watching the "evolution" of style & rooms & homes. Yours is quite dramatic, really...

Cold, wind, snow here. NOT my style at all.

anangloinquebec said...

It is truly feeling like spring here Cindy.
I love love the transformation over the years of this room. It is so inviting and happy!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a major transformation, Cindy! I'll bet you just love it! Hoping spring arrives for you and me soon!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your kitchen is one of my favorites in the entire Land of Blog, Cindy. It is just adorable, and you have such a good eye and style. I'm crazy about your cabinets, and I love the vintage table you found and the new light and the new paint, and the cute banner. I just want to move right in.

I also want to thank you for your kind words you left on my blog. It's been a hard row to hoe as we say in the States, but God is faithful and always there. I find I have a difficult time even going to the grocery without getting weepy, and I've been that way all morning. I'm waiting to feel like I can go without decomposing into a greasy heap of tears. I think the shock is wearing off, but having the prayers of friends like you makes all the difference. So thank you.

Much love,

xoxox

Sheila

nannykim said...

so many nice changes!

It's me said...

Wowwwww....Cindy...much better now than 4 years ago.....love the light colors !!....xxx...!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

It is fun looking back. LOVE your kitchen!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

podso said...

I notice the change in clocks too from one view to another. Sigh, I just love your kitchen!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, I love the changes in your kitchen. I adore your kitchen and love the color you have now. Your builtins are just amazing and try so hard not to covet! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

It is fun to look back and see how much you've accomplished...I never tire of seeing your kitchen and all the personal touches you have made. It is so perfectly you. :o)

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Cindy-
are you saying the top picture is the same room as the bottom (most recent) picture?
If so...I love how y'all did this. I guess that is the window behind that hutch?
It looks spectacular...I love seeing the transition photos.
Thanks for taking us on a trip through time in your eating area.
_Pat

Betty said...

With all of your hard work Cindy, your kitchen has evolved into a wonderful cosy and bright room. You must enjoy cooking and eating in such a delightful place.

oldthings said...

You have worked many hours and hardly,and the result is wonderful !
It loks like another space !
Relax Cindy for awhile !
Have a nice day !
Olympia

Faye Henry said...

Oh my, what a lovely change.. xo

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Wow! It's really evolved. I love the lighter color...I must paint..my walls...I must!

Ana said...

Boy, I can't believe how different it looks...I love it. Do you remember the renovation process? The dust? The debris? Look at it know, absolutely beautiful, and all worth it. I've told you before that it's my favorite space in your cottage.

Hugs,
❤Ana