Google Translator

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

~First Day of Spring~

I hear that today is the first day of spring!
I took my camera with me for my walk and this is what I saw:



The skies are blue and it's -18 deg. Celsius with a windchill. 
It feels like -30 when the wind hits you!

Despite the temperature, it's a beautiful day.
"Hope Springs Eternal", so you've been telling me.
It's true, and thank you dear friends for the encouragement.

Some of the older homes along the river.




I enjoy walking in the morning time, there's not a lot of traffic and very few people around.

I live in a beautiful city where the weather is simply not predictable.

Last year at this time the temp was +21 deg. Celsius.
Next year could very easily be like that instead of cold like this year.

Emily Dickinson penned these words:


“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.







"HOPE" is still singing in the lilac bushes behind my house.


These photos are from around my little house.
I wanted you to see our snow banks.
It's hard to clean up the snow now, because I have to throw it so high.







Six inches of snow fell on Sunday and Monday.
So far this year we've had a snow fall of more than FIVE FEET.


So, here's to spring and here's to the hope that tomorrow will be warmer and greener.


Have a wonderful day, my friends and thank you for coming by!



Cindy

16 comments:

Sharon de Jager said...

Hi Cindy, hope you are sitting cozy indoors right now. I love visiting your blog and through your photos seeing a different world to the one I live in. We never get snow that deep down south where I live. Temperatures here today are a little higher,7C to be exact. At least you got to go out today and take a lovely walk. Love the homes you showed as well. Sharon x

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh Cindy, I can't believe the amount of snow in your yard. I forget that in the cities it really piles up from cleaning walks and driveways and there are no open places for it to blow. The pictures along the river are beautiful -blue and white - but you can't feel the cold in those pictures. We got over a foot of snow here since 10:00 last night. It's still squalling out there but the sun is trying to shine. I do hope it warms up for you soon but that's a lot of snow to melt! Warm hugs to you. Pam

It's me said...

O no !!! Cindy what a snow !!!..i hope it will be spring soon...here it is also verry cold......love from me...xxx...

Joyful said...

Happy Spring to you.

It's nice to see your neighbourhood. I love all the big houses.

It is incredible to see so much snow but at least you have sun ;-) It is still coolish here too after I thought Spring was on the way. Usually by now a lot of cherry blossoms will be out in the neighbourhood. This year, not. I will have to travel to other neighbourhoods soon to see them. Have a great day.

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

Cindy,
Your pictures are glorious. The blue sky and white, white snow are so beautiful.
Shoveling snow (or soil, in the garden) is an excellent way to get flat abs.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Cindy!
I can NOT even imagine having to shovel that snow, even one little bit.
I think that little bird was the only sign of spring in your photos.
I think I know now where they come up with the phrases..."snow blind" and "cabin fever".

Here is hoping you have neither!
~blessings, Pat

Maple Lane said...

So much snow! I know you are anxious for Spring. Such lovely photos you have shared from your morning walk. Always such a delight to visit your blog.

cuori e perline said...

Cindy
your pictures are beautiful! You know I love snow and winter and I think that you country is a wonderful country.
The spring will begin early... here where I live early will begin also the summer and the weather will be warm.... too warm... I can't think all this, so I watch your pictures and.... dream.... dream the snow. the Christmas time, the fireplace, a cup of coffee and.... now I go to the work!!!!!
Excuse me for my little english , I write this post without translater
a big hug
Annamaria

podso said...

Amazing you've had all that snow, and still have so much. I keep thinking about how green your grass will be with all that water!

anangloinquebec said...

What a lovely neighbourhood. I was watching on the news some videos of a grandmother in Manitoba. Apparently she has a video campaign to encourage people to "Fight On" and deal with the weather. All videos show her in her black bathing suit carrying out winter sports. It is quite funny!

Shelia said...

Hi Cindy! OH, my! What gorgeous snow. You're probably tired of it by now, but to someone who never 'gets' snow - I love it. What a lovely neighborhood you live in! You must have really had to bundle up to walk in that snow! :)
Thank you always for popping in to see me and I love it that you might be inspired a little by me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

{northern cottage} said...

very very very ready for spring yet under lots of snow here too (though you have soooo much more even) happy almost spring to you!!
♥ NORTHERN COTTAGE

http://www.northerncottage.net

Pondside said...

Spring will show its other face soon - soon!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

We are supposed tp get quite a bit of snow here again this weekend, Cidy so our Spring will also be delayed. This area needs the water melt from the snow, so I guess in the long run it is a good thing.

Ana said...

I know you're tired of all that snow but for someone who has only seen it snow twice in her whole entire life, well it is absolutely beautiful. I do hope Spring springs soon for you my friend. Sending you a big warm hug.

❤Ana

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

As you probably heard or saw, we had a horrible snow storm this week and all signs of spring vanished! Sigh. Maybe next week we shall see more green! Angie xo