Google Translator

Monday, April 8, 2013

I've Been In The Sewing Room

Hello all...
I have been away from my blog and all of you lately, because...
I have the sewing bug again... you know, the kind that keeps your mind whirring day and night, planning what you can make next and then what you can make after that!

Last week I made a peasant style dress for my 9-year old grand daughter Miss B...




I pretty much made my own pattern for this little dress.
I would have used a pattern, but I could not find one that I liked and the one that I did buy was MUCH too large.

I mailed the dress to her today, I hope it fits her and she likes it.
She has her own ideas regarding style, she has very unique taste.
Some people are naturally conservative, some aren't.
Little Miss B. is not.

I made this skirt for myself...




I adore the colour and the fabric, I have worn it several times already.
I made the pattern from another skirt that I have that is similar to it.
In making my own pattern, I used a jean fabric as a test model. 
It fit so well and I liked it so much that I made the yellow one the very next day.





I used a wrap around skirt that I enjoy wearing as the pattern for this last skirt.
And I still have the orange buttons to put on it, then it will be done.
I have a thin orange belt that will go with it, and it's the same fabric as the little dress, as you can clearly see.

I haven't worn it yet, the weather is still blustery and cold, we had snow over the weekend even... 

But, we were on the outskirts of the city yesterday and the fields are almost bare!!! 
Every day gets us closer to warm weather. 

Thank you for coming by, I love reading your comments and I will be over to visit you soon!
Now back to the sewing room, I have a grey blouse to cut out for myself and I'm going to put a peplum on it, 'cuz they are all the rage... and then...

Cindy

I'm joining Cindy at Dwellings for Amaze Me Monday.





26 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Sweetest little dress Cindy! And your skirts are so pretty, love the fabrics you have used!
Blessings,
Cindy

Maple Lane said...

You are very talented! Your granddaughter is very lucky. Glad you are enjoying time sewing. We are having warm temps and lots of pollen here in GA.

podso said...

Cute, cute dress for your granddaughter. How could she not like it. Boy I remember wearing that style! And your skirts are wonderful! You make it all sound easy!

Rhonda said...

I like all 3 garments very much! I am hoping to get some sewing done while Nina is on maternity leave.

Anne said...

Lovely! just lovely!

Some days I wish I had a sewing machine... but then the wish goes away really fast!!

Have a great week xox

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Well aren't you crafty?
I think that little dress for miss b is adorable. And you look too cute in your skirts, too.
I don't know what a peplum is...I have to look that one up.
Pat

Pondside said...

You've been a busy blogger and seamstress. I'll bet your granddaughter will love the dress, and even more so when she learns that you have a matching skirt. Well done!

Joyful said...

It's always so wonderful to make something with one's hands, isn't it? I love your granddaughter's dress and I think she will like it too! Your skirts fit you perfectly and I'm sure you will wear them a lot when the hot days of summer arrive soon. Have a wonderful week.

It's me said...

I love them both !!!...so lovely !!!...enjoy the week darling....love Ria...xxx..

Millie said...

Very nice and "springy". Good job!

Pamela Gordon said...

You are so talented Cindy! I hope your little Miss B loves her new dress. I think the fabric is pretty and your skirt will be perfect for warmer days ahead. I like the yellow skirt too. It snowed here today and stuck! Hugs, Pamela

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
I think your g'daughter will definitely like her little dress!
So neat you have a matching skirt.
You really go at it when the sewing bug hitsyou and I'm impressed that you don't need a pattern too.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

You have been busy! That is a really cute dress and the colours you chose for your skirts are pretty.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Cindy. Great job on your skirts and the sweet little peasant dress. I realized a long time ago that I'm much better at making curtains and pillows than clothes. :) Wish I was better at clothes.

The Zeigler Homestead said...

Peasant dresses for little girls is very popular here in Ohio. You are very skilled to make one without a pattern. Wow!! Your skirts look comfy. Thanks for sharing!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Wow Cindy! I love all of you sewing projects! That dress you made for your granddaughter is just precious! I am sure that she will love it! And I love your new Spring skirts! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

Marissa Stower said...

You are looking beautiful, as always! I assume you're going to pair your grey blouse with that gorgeous yellow skirt you made. Lovely! Thanks for sharing your many talents with us. For those of us who aren't inherently creative, it's pretty cool to see what people can make with their hands and imagination.

Love you bunches!
JFR

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You are such a talented seamstress, Cindy...even making your own patterns! Love all of your lovely creations!

Greet Lefèvre said...

Cindy,
What a beautiful dress for a sweet girl! She will feel as a princess! You are so talented my friend! Love your skirt too! I still wear the apron you made for me!
Hugs and kisses,
Greet

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Cindy, you have done a wonderful job on the dress and the skirts!! That skirt fits you so well!! Excellent job. blessings ~ tanna

Brittany said...

Oh my - you've made some really cute things! I really love your skirts - those look great =) I've had the sewing bug lately, too - especially with fun springy fabrics ;)

poppilinnstudios said...

Wow, Cindy-you are a talented lady! That little dress is adorable. I'm sure your grand daughter will love it! Happy sewing :)
-Lynn

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I should be in your sewing room..I love the printed skirt, so summery and fresh..I adore skirts! The little dress for your grand is simply darling! You are so talented, lovely Cindy! Thanks for your sweet and kind visit. Big hugs,
FABBY

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's a darling dress! I really love that fabric - so cute!

Shelia said...

HI Cindy! OH, I love the cute little dress you've made for your little grand and your skirts are really nice. You're a good seamstress. I used to make almost everything I wore but I don't anymore. Your post makes me want to make something again. I've been thinking about making a dress. Maybe I will! Thank you so much for your sweet words and for popping in to see me.
You are the sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Both skirts look so nice on you, Cindy and the dress your made for your granddaughter is very pretty --perfect for summer!