Google Translator

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Alayne's Garden


Hello to all my former friends and my new friends!
Happy 4th of July to my American readers, I am wearing red, white and blue today to celebrate your great country. As you may know I was born in the state of Washington and lived in the USA for about 12 years, and I still very much love and feel like an American. I love living in Canada, but once an American, always an American, I say.


I enjoyed a delightful visit to my new friend Alayne's house and garden.
Her garden is gorgeous.
I've made a collage to show you the many different areas.
She and her husband Allan have created three different ponds that have Coy and Goldfish in them and have roses, lilies, foxgloves, lady slippers and many, many more plants.
Notice the small white cottage in the background of some of the photos, Alayne is creating a little hideaway there.
It will be decorated in the shabby chic, cottage style.
I can't wait to see it finished. 
It will be lovely.



I'm afraid PicMonkey was not cooperating, but I did come up with the above.
I'm still new at making collages.

In case you missed it,
Alayne found my blog and ultimately my home due to the Romantic Homes June issue that mentioned my blog.

She only lives a short walk away from me and I have visited her twice since meeting her.
She and her husband are very hospitable and are a delight to know.
I hope you enjoyed seeing her lovely garden.

I've started a summer job, looking after my 11 and 12 year old grandchildren, so I'm afraid my visits will be spotty.
Have a wonderful week!

Hugs, 
Cindy

17 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Delightful pictures! How wonderful to be able to visit each other. I know you are busy with the grands. Enjoy the special times together.

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

How nice is that! I would love to meet a fellow blogger face to face like that!

S
xo

Sharon de Jager said...

Hi Cindy, how lovely to meet new friends through a magazine article. The garden is lovely. Wishing you much joy in your new 'job'! Have a lovely weekend! Sharon x

Faye Henry said...

Such a beautiful place, Cindy.. Hope you are enjoying good weather and have a great weekend with your grands.. xo

Anne said...

How pretty! Enjoy your new job and don't worry about us - we'll still be here when you have time to catch up!

Anne

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Gorgeous garden! Enjoy your grands...
Blessings,
Cindy

camp and cottage living said...

I can see where your time is limited! I didn't realize you had g'children so close by. Lucky lady!
What a sweet garden your friend has
I bet she's been creating it for years.
Happy 4th. I was born there and lived there for 45 years. I love both Canada and the US too!

oldthings said...

Hello Cindy , how nice is to meet new friends ! Their garden is wonderful I think they tried very hard all the past years and your collage wonderful .Have a nice day !
Olympia

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Yay, for your red, white and blue, Cindy! ;)

Your neighbor's garden is so beautiful. How very wonderful to have found each other!! blessings ~ tanna

Betty said...

How nice to meet a new friend so close to home. She has a beautiful garden. Lovely collage.
Hope you have a great time with your grandchildren and find lots of fun things to do.

Shelia Williamson said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, what a pretty garden and how nice to have a new friend and blogging friend close to you. I don't think I knew you lived in the US for a while! I love Canada and would love to come for a visit sometimes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

RoseMarie said...

Hello my dear Cindy, I hope you enjoy caring for your beautiful little treasure, your grandchildren! pictures of your neighbors garden is undoubtedly beautiful! every detail and greenery make us want an eternal summer! hugs, Rose Marie

Rhonda Sue said...

how fun that you met a new close by friend from the magazine article. Her yard is so pretty and lush looking.

I know you will enjoy your grands but they will keep you busy. I am enjoying days off from my grands this summer and have been doing lots of decluttering and organizing.

ScrapbookingButterfly said...

It is special to visit with a lovely new friend here in the garden...so looking forward to many more get togethers in the coming months! in the meantime have a grand time with your grandchildren taking in the wonderful moments that summer brings! We'll be waiting for new stories of your adventures as these gentle days roll by. Do hope you'll come over again very soon! Hugs!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I had no idea you were born in the US. Thank you for sharing that! It really makes no difference but I always thought you were Canadian. Good luck with your summer job. My best "real life" friend is watching her 7 yr. old grandson for the summer too. Some days I think she wonders why she said yes! He is quite a handful. Yours are older though and should be fun. I loved that age. Happy Sunday ~ Ann

Joyful said...

Your new friends have a fantastic garden! I didn't know you were born American so happy belated 4th of July to you. I hope you have a wonderful summer with your grand children. Hugs.xx

Diane said...

Beautiful grounds. I love water in landscaping, must have been a mermaid in my other life! ha Enjoy the summer with the grandkids, they will love the time with you just as much as you with them. Diane