Google Translator

Monday, July 29, 2013

Trophy Fishing in Manitoba

It's continuing to be a busy, very fun summer.

My two oldest grandkids and I visited the Winnipeg zoo last week.




There were butterflies inside the conservatory...



...a cool butterfly chair...


...lots of gophers darting in and out of their tunnels...


...a herd of caribou lead by a male with antlers nearly as large as he was, I don't know how he held his head up!


There were very shy (or unhappy) Black African Penguins...


...and several male peacocks strutting around.


During one of my walks I took this photo at The Purple House.



This was taken a month ago...

but the one below was taken this weekend!
My hubby is taking his holidays at the North Haven Lodge where Marissa is working this summer. It is at a fly-in-only lodge on a pretty lake here in Manitoba.


My husband is on the right, he caught a 41.5 inch Northern Pike and it is trophy size!!!
The fellow holding the fish is their guide, Marissa also caught a trophy Northern Pike.


They've had beautiful weather and great success! 
He won't be home for a few more days and he is having the time of his life.
North Haven on beautiful Utik Lake is a wilderness camp and is mostly visited by Americans, rich Americans, I might add.
One of those trips is not cheap, thankfully my hubby is there on a family pass.

Have a wonderful day... one day soon I will show you what I picked up at a garage sale recently.
It's a set of beautiful vintage china!!!

Thanks so much for coming by!





23 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Cute photos from the zoo and wow, those fish are amazing! I love china...can't wait to see your new purchase.

oldthings said...

Dear Cindy ,it looks that you had a wonderful and funny day at the zoo with your grandchildren !These fishes are to big !!!I wonder how many people have eaten !!!!I wait to see your garage finds !!

Joyful said...

Glad you are having a fun and busy summer and that your hubby gets to fish at a resort. I know I will never afford to fish at a resort like that so it is wonderful to be able to do it on a family pass!

Brigitte Peetermans said...

Dear Cindy,

You DO have the nicest holiday!
Nothing so much fun as taking (grand)children to the zoo.
Actually I am very much a zoo person myself. The black penguin is so cute.
And to be honest, the fish scare me a bit, they look rather creepy to me.
China ware sounds marvellous, can't wait to see it.

Have a nice day!

Brigitte

It's me said...

Wowww ....love your post Cindy.....enjoy summer...love Ria...x !

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Good times and great photos, Cindy!!! I think I need one of those butterfly benches! blessings ~ tanna

Sharon de Jager said...

It seems you are having a wonderful busy few weeks! What an enormous fish! Love your watering can with the flowers, so sweet and so vintage! Have a great week! Sharon

podso said...

You seem to be having a busy and fun summer!

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
You're sure making memories with your g'children!
The lodge looks like a great place to work and visit. That's some whopin big fish.

Pamela Gordon said...

Fun pictures from the zoo Cindy. It's so nice to spend time with your grandkids making memories. Love the photos of your hubby and daughter and their big catches! And the pictures of the flowers are pretty. Enjoy these great summer days! Pam

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

What a lovely day with your grands. It sounds like your summer has been full of family and fun. Can't ask for better than that. Looking forward to seeing your china!

RicKaren said...

How fun for your hubby! My Kalli would LOVE that butterfly chair!

Carla TePaske said...

Amazing fish!! I love your rich American comment. :-)

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

wow, what a wonderful journey into nature! and beautiful colors. the fish are really huge! congratulations! thank you for sharing so much beauty Cindy. a hug

Shelia Williamson said...

Hi Cindy! How are you? Oh, everything is looking so pretty around you. Wow! What a fish your hubby caught. I don't know if I've ever seen one so big!
I'm so honored you liked my little tablesetting. I know you'll set a lovely table. After all, you've got the 'touch'! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Diane said...

Great day with the grandkids, everyone loves the zoo! Fishing is a sport I have never learned, maybe a change is in order!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Cute zoo photos! That butterfly chair is fun.

Your husband & daughter caught such huge fishes!

Sounds like you all are having a fun summer!

Shelia Williamson said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for popping in to see me. Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julie Harward said...

My neighbor has a white butterfly chair out in her front yard. That is some real good fishing...wow, how fun!

sweetpea family said...

What a fun day I love spending time with my grandchildren x

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Wow, GREAT catch!!! Love the bike with all those purple blooms and the wagon is so cute! Have a great weekend...
Blessings,
Cindy

Marissa "Marathon" Stower said...

Hey Ma! It looks like you and the grands are really enjoying your time together this summer, and I am very glad to hear that. They're very lucky to be able to spend so much time with as wonderful a Grandma as you! Thanks for posting the pics of me and Da; we had SUCH a wonderful time together, and I am so so grateful for it.
Love you!
JFR x

ketchikanalaskafishing said...

Those are really cute photos, great job in compiling those images to share your awesome Alaska trip!

Pictures of Alaska