Google Translator

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Vintage Fall Mantel-scape


Hello my friends,
I have been tweaking my mantel-scape off and on for weeks now.
I can't say I'm completely happy with it, but I'm not doing another thing to it, so it will have to do.
I wanted it to feature my husband and mine "first" cameras.


The left one is my husbands, it's a Kodak Brownie Fiesta. 
It was introduced in 1962 and cost $5.95.

Mine is a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye and it was introduced in 1949 and cost $5.00.
Mine was lost in a fire back in 1969, and I found this one recently at an Antique Mall here in Winnipeg.



I love the way the faux flowers and leaves bring the reds and the oranges into my living room.
I made the Autumn sign last year, the fan I found for free last year at the city's fall cleanup and the pumpkins and the white partridge I have collected over the last few years. 
I have found them all of them on sale at 75% off at our local Real Canadian Superstore.
The tiny brown partridge I found in Idaho a couple of years ago.

I am not going to be around for the next two weeks, as
I am off to see my oldest daughter and her family.
And, I am not taking my computer with me.
But, I will be back and I will visit all of my old and new friends upon my return.

Have a wonderful week!

24 comments:

Rebecca said...

YOU have a wonderful week!
What an interesting (and attractive) theme for your mantel.

Gail said...

Oh Cindy, I love that you added both yours and your husbands camera to your beautiful fall mantel! Enjoy your time with your daughter and her family. Hugs, Gail

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Cindy!!

Pamela Gordon said...

It's fun that you have cameras like your original ones, Cindy. I hope you have a lovely visit with your daughter. We'll be here when you return. Blessings. Pam

ANNE said...

I had a Fiesta! Your vignette looks fabulous, great job Cindy!

camp and cottage living said...

Cindy
Your mantle looks great!
I'm going to miss you, but have a great time with your daughter and her family!
I for got were they live. BC?

Linda R said...

I just love the way those cameras look under that glass. Your mantel and fire place look so cozy. I LOVE it.

Hugs~

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Very pretty, Cindy...the black and white tones really make the flowers stand out! Have a wonderful visit with your daughter and family!

poppilinnstudios said...

Very creative! Your mantel looks great.
Enjoy your week.
-Lynn

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your header looks like it could be in a magazine, Cindy! Great job! And the cameras are so cool under glass. Neat! Neat! Neat!

I have missed you so much. I'm trying to blog today with a broken right hand. I was in an accident, but it is SO much better. Long story, but the Lord has really helped to preserve me, and the healing is manifesting daily.

I did another post on "In The Garden" and am wondering if the person who told me I was an ignorant moron will return to tell me how stupid I am to love the Lord. Yes, the last time I posted about Mom, I had someone flame me. Can you believe it? I deleted it, and I am prepared to do the same this time. The flamer must not appreciate the fact that Jesus was crucified and that those who love Him aren't so easily silenced.

Love you,

Sheila

It's me said...

Lovely Cindy !!! enjoy autumn...love Ria...x !

Carla TePaske said...

Hi,
I am praying for you. Have a great trip.
:-) Enjoy your family.
xx oo

Susannah said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I love the cameras and the old fan the best. That's just me!

Blessed be,
Susannah

Sue said...

Enjoy and may you just relax and have fun.

Blessings!

Sue

Faye Henry said...

Lovely as always.. Enjoy.. xo

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Your mantel is beautiful Cindy!
I like the collection of pumpkins and birds.
I also like that you included your vintage cameras up there on display too. They are a sweet sentiment.
I will see you when you get back...I hope you have a wonderful time and visit with your daughter.
--blessings to you and safe travels, Pat

c/you when you get back!

Charity said...

So pretty!! I love the vintage touches!

Shabby soul said...

Hello my darling!
Have a nice trip and stay with the love of yours =)
Hope to hear from you soon darling!
Silvia

RicKaren said...

I love the camera idea! Hope you are having a lovely time with your family!

anangloinquebec said...

Have a great week Cindy. Smart girl, leave that computer at home!

Linda Shields said...

Sweet! Your home is so homey and warm. Enjoy your trip!

Betty said...

Hello Cindy,
Your living room always looks cosy and inviting. I really like the idea of displaying old cameras.
Hope your holiday break is going well.
Betty

BlueClearSky Elizabeth said...

Have a great trip! The mantel and your lovely vintage pieces look great.

Cozy Little House said...

Your home looks so cozy and inviting. You have that "homemaker" touch. Certainly shows in your kitchen as well. Have a great trip.
Brenda